towelliee wrote:So basically it is a huge stamina upgrade over JC BS
No, the only clear winner for Stamina boosts is Leatherworking with 195 stam to bracers, which is 22-25 higher than any other stamina bonus from professions.
JC is 123 Stam because you can use 3 x 101 stam gems which levels out to 123 more than if you used 3 60 stam gems, again this has more flexibility than Alchemy due to straight 67 Mastery gems.
BS is 120 Stam (potentially due to 2 sockets) but has more flexibility than Alchemy.
Enchanting is 120 Stam with 60 Stam to both Rings.
LW is 195 Stam to bracers, the only other stam to bracer enchant (unless I've nuffed it and missed a cata one) is 40 stam. A raw gain of 145 stam if you're looking at pure stam weights.
Mining is 120 Stam passive, from stickin your hands into the ground lots.
Did I miss one? I think I did somewhere... regardless they're all roughly the same with LW being slightly higher than the others.
Alchemy (BONUS FROM FLASK, NOT ALCHEMY STONE) is 120 Stam. The stone is an equip item, meaning if you didn't use it (most raiders don't when they have 372 trinkets) you don't gain ANY benefit from the profession. Mixology only gives you a bonus for flasks and elixirs that you've consumed and can craft yourself.
I'm not gonna drop Alchemy (partially due to being the cauldron bitch) because I'm always under the effect of some kind of consumable in a raid situation, so any bonus to it will be appreciated. Alchemy just offers a 'cheaper' form of flexibility with elixirs rather than re-gemming/chanting etc.