Skip to content
Maintankadin

Schnottz's Medallion of Command

Oramac
Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Schnottz's Medallion of Command

Pretty basic question. Is this trinket worth it for tanking? The agi seems like it'd be a ton of dodge, and a mastery proc cant hurt anything right?

Thanks!

link to trinket
econ21
Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: Schnottz's Medallion of Command

It's not bad to tide you over, but you will soon find better ones to replace it. If you are main spec protection and offspec retribution, I'd advise picking instead the strength one. Strength is better for ret than agility is prot and as a main spec proc, you'll find it harder to roll on ret trinkets.

However, if you have already picked it, it is ok. Agility translates into about 0.6 dodge. The proc is a lot of mastery, but with mastery I prefer a constant amount - as it seems to me all about smoothing damage - or at least a controllable on use proc. Tia's grace - a drop from Lost City - is better mastery/agility trinket - constant mastery and, effectively, constant agility. One of the Tol Barad trinkets gives you constant mastery and a on use amount of agility. Impetuous query, available from the AH, is also better iirc.
Oramac
Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:07 am

Re: Schnottz's Medallion of Command

Looks like im getting the Str trinket. thanks!
Digren
Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:28 am

Re: Schnottz's Medallion of Command

I chose Schnottz as the better trinket, but I replaced it in less than a week.