Hello, I have a question and would like some insight into my problem a little bit.
So I have level 359 raid gear, all specced into as much Mastery as I could, while still having expertise softcap and a small amount of hit. Here is my gear: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... ath/simple
My problem is this: The first minute or so of combat especially the opening 20 secs or so, I cant seem to keep aggro. I open with all my hardest hitting abilities to generate as much threat as I can, however it doesnt seem to be enough sometimes during the window I gave. Later in the battle its not a big deal, because of vengence stacking. During one of the pulls I lost threat, and the raid wiped. I was replaced as tank because of this. The raid leader and myself had a conversation and I told him everything ive been reading says I should spec into mastery and not hit, and dps should wait 5 secs or more until I have a strong threat lead. He said, the dps cant wait that long because they need as much uptime on the boss as possible, and that hunter misdirects and rogues tricks of the trade should be enough for me, and that I should consider speccing into hit or strength rather than mastery. This however goes contrary to all the advice I have read. Am I missing something, or can someone give me some advice on this situation please? Thanks you.
death123
Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:15 pm
