I realise this is kind of a how long is a piece of string question but nevertheless I'm kind of curious as to other peoples experience.
I'm a decent but not great tank. Average gear level says 350 or close. We haven't raided at all so I'm just in heroic drops and rep gear.
I generally keep aggro except when the boomkin opens up just as I'm manouvering the mob so you could argue that I do "enough" which is around 5-7k dps depending on the instance.
But I ran as lolret with our guild's DK tank, now he simply is a better player than I and I accept that, but his gear is roughly the same and he was doing 11k dps as tank!
It seems to me that I'm missing something. I can gear for more hit/expertise/str but that seems wrong in a way and I'm not sure an extra 2% hit will make the difference.
Any thoughts on what dps is ok? Is it just our lot as pallies or is it me?
Arneus on US Khaz-modan (sorry logged in ret gear will switch over when I get home).
bjanssen
Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:04 pm
