Skip to content
Maintankadin

Darkmoon Card: Earthquake - Any Good?

Discus
Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:42 am

Darkmoon Card: Earthquake - Any Good?

Selling for very little in my realm, far less than the other Darkmoon Cards. Being a cynic this makes me think it's not very good?

Is it worth picking one up if you only have 1 346 and 1 333 trinket and plenty of gold?
Syncognition
Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:05 am

Re: Darkmoon Card: Earthquake - Any Good?

My current trinket setup is Symbiotic Worm (normal), and either DC:E or Mirror of Broken Images. What I've done is reforged the Dodge on the card to mastery, so it gives only slightly less combat table coverage than the mirror. This way, I can swap them out depending on the cooldown that I think I'll need (extra health vs resistances).

I've always been a fan of Stam/_____ trinket setups, as stamina is nearly always desirable, and the 2nd trinket can be used situationally.
Digren
Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:56 am

Re: Darkmoon Card: Earthquake - Any Good?

If your 333 trinket is mastery, then sure, pick up earthquake to replace it. Reforge as much of the dodge to mastery as you can, and pretend like it's a mastery trinket.
Discus
Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:02 am

Re: Darkmoon Card: Earthquake - Any Good?

Sounds like for a very casual player, struggling with heroics nvm raids, it's a worthwhile investment.

I'd like the stamina trinket from heroic stonecore but no luck yet.
Syncognition
Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:26 am

Re: Darkmoon Card: Earthquake - Any Good?

Yeah, the stonecore stam trinket has never dropped for me. I went straight from the green quest stam trinket to the magmaw one. I fully expect an epic tank weapon to drop before I ever get the stonecore one as well =\
baleogthefierce
Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Darkmoon Card: Earthquake - Any Good?

Syncognition wrote:Yeah, the stonecore stam trinket has never dropped for me.



Once you get both epic stam trinkets it will finally drop :)

But DMC:E is a nice piece for fights that don't have a magic damage component (or at least, not a dangerous one) where you want an on-use trinket. Maloriak pre-green phase add tanking, Halfus furious roars, Chimaeron feud phase, Magmaw's mangle, and Nefarian electrocutes (while those nasty skeletons are beating on you) are all places where I use my DMC:E instead of the Mirror simply because it provides a better cooldown while still giving almost-as-good CTC.
aureon
Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: Darkmoon Card: Earthquake - Any Good?

Absolute garbage.
Passive bonus: 340 vs 260 rating (Impetous Query used as)
Use: 11.5k hp, 15/180 sec (8% of the time) Value: ~800 sta, 8% -> 64 sta
Vs: 1260 parry, 10/60 sec (16% of the time) Value, 210 parry
The use is just ridicolously underpowered, don't get it.