Skip to content
Maintankadin

A question for T5+ pallies about hording old gear

Dorvan
Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:53 pm

A question for T5+ pallies about hording old gear

So I just got my Belt of the Guardian last night, which will make a nice addition to my collection, however as I was looking at what old gear I could now toss out, I couldn't quite bring myself to throw out my Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard. The thing is, the Crimson Girdle has block rating and the Guardian has block value, but unlike the Sha'tari belt neither has both, leading the loot horder in me to want to hold onto it for AoE tanking. Anyone else think something similar, or am I just being obsessive? Wink
Kvaern
Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:25 pm
It's going to sit in your bank taking up space doing nothing for 3 months before you realize you haven't used it once since getting the upgrade and vendor it.

It can have it's merrit to keep block value gear around but your block rate will rise fast as you gear through SSC/TK.
_________________
Worldie
Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:38 pm
I've been very happy to vendor it since the Guardian matches the t5.
_________________
Lieris
Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:41 pm
I was very happy to vendor it when I got my Belt of the Guardian as I had been using it ever since I started tanking (and the graphic for it is glitchy on blood elf females, strangely exposing my midriff :/ ).
_________________

Quest Status 24/185 badges of justice
Neuron
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:06 pm
keep any old mitigation gear for 5 mans. if its upgraded mitigation, throw out the old gear. if its upgraded avoidance, keep the old gear.
_________________


TO UNCRUSHABLE, AND BEYOND!
Guillex
Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:19 pm
Not to be nit-picky or off-topic ... but it's hoard. Sad
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint