Skip to content
Maintankadin

Suggestions

lusisia
Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:05 am

Suggestions

Okay I've read over the gear list time and time again but I'm having shit luck on various drops. I'm looking for some advice to milk the most out of what I have for now.

(Unfortunately I logged out all AV buffed)

A guild on our server had a few tanks transfer back to old servers and they were in a bit of a lurch in doing Kara runs for some alts that needed gearing up. We have a pretty good relationship with the guild so myself and a prot warrior got the invite to come along for Kara this week. This was my first time raiding and we let them know that both of us were undergeared but they didn't mind. I brought my heal gear along in spots where I might be more of a liability as a tank being that I'm still crushable. FYI this is my first ever raid (not counting AV and the occasional world PvP)

I spent the entire night tanking except on Maiden. As you can see, I got lucky on the Attument drop (and Moroes as well - got the healing boots).

However I'm at a bit of a standstill on my gear.

I know right now that I need the following:
- Heroic Libram
- New Chest (either Jadeskull or I swap to Aldor and grind the rep for the chest)

Beyond that, I'm not sure what I'm missing. I've really tried to balance out my stam needs with the need for uncrush. I checked last night and with Kings, HS and all the raid buffs I was 1.xxx (can't remember exactly) from uncrushable.

Can anyone make any suggestions on possible enchants or gems that I could be missing or that might help out? I can throw a +8 dodge in the vambraces but I figured the socket bonus of +2 dodge was worth throwing a +def gem in there.

I also picked up the Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall from Arena points and have someone who can drop the +BR enchant on it.

I really don't want to gimp my stam much more than I have considering when I can get the Libram, I'll make up the 5% I'm trying to compensate for now.

My guild plans on running some heroic/nonheroic Mech runs for badges and to get those who aren't yet keyed for heroics so I should have several shots at the chest piece + the badges.

Is it worth switching factions at this point? Any other suggestions?
_________________

Some people call me crazy but I like to think of myself as a freelance lunatic.
Ann Coulter is a Cylon
Guillex
Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:41 am
I'd say go +6 all stats on the chest and/or +5 def on the vambraces, for now. Don't know what that's going to work out to, honestly, as I don't know the math.

You'll only lose a couple hundred health... And that won't gimp you. Uncrushable >>>>> stam at the moment for you, my friend.
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint
mconeone
Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:01 am
Get a crystalforged sword.
_________________
Ryladia
Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:25 am
Your gear looks good enough for entry level Karazhan. I'd say make getting the libram your top priority as it adds 5.33% more total avoidance bringing you well over the 102.4% since you said you only needed about 1%. Once you have that, start swapping out your dodge/def gems for pure +12 stamina gems and that should get you uncrushable while at the same time increasing your stamina by a large amount.

If you're still over 102.4% and have the 490 Def, you can start swapping out tanking trinkets for +stam trinkets to bump you up even more as well as finding a more suitable ring than Adormu's Tear that has stamina on it.
_________________
sindorei
Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:30 am
Remove one of your trinkets and get a Darkmoon card furies deck 51stam
you don`t really need 531 def.
you also need jade-skull chest from normal mech.

i may also remove 12def gem on bracer and socket it with 12 stam

you should aim:

102.4% total avoidance with holy shield actived
490-500 defenses
once you have reached those stats, you will want to stack up stam to around 12k unbuffed

u should also farm heroic mech and get the libram of repentance
15 badges , 3-4 heroic mech runs
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Proudmoore&n=Sindorei
Ryladia
Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:16 am
The Crystalforged Sword is created by using 50 Apexis Shards on a Depleted Sword, which is a random rare drop from any mob at Blade's Edge Plateau.

If you have the Continuum Blade, stick with it unless you find a Crystalforged for fairly cheap. It is only 1% additional avoidance and a very minor upgrade compared to Continuum.

Getting the chest from Mech and the Libram are your best bets so you can start socketing all stam.
_________________
Ciandin
Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:45 pm
I'm also on a launch server, with a highly inflated economy. I shopped around for my CFS for about a month, seeing it hover around 300 or 400g...one night I checked the AH before logging and found it for 100g. SOLD!!

This was only a couple weeks ago; it replaced my Continuum Blade, and with an S2 mace two or three weeks away, I haven't bothered enchanting it yet. Keep checking the AH, you never know when you'll find a steal.