Skip to content
Maintankadin

Threat trinkets

Nich
Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:16 am

Threat trinkets

Thoughts on the better/best threat trinkets to equip for your tanking lifestyle of the..er..new millenium?

I usually run arouned with Icon of the Silver Crescent, and rarely double it up with [item]tome of fiery redemption[/item]. I know a couple of people have gotten eye of magtheridon and praise that, too.

Numbers or subjectively, what do people prefer/think is better?
_________________

as Holy: 6447 hp, 8688 mp, 1552 heal, 150 mp5 (in combat), 13.98%
Conneur
Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:02 am
Slowly working up the Furies deck, one day at a time.
_________________


Ensuring the loss of the maiden's virtue.
Questioner
Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:08 am
I would put them in the following order:

Eye of Mag
Icon
Tome

However, that is all personal opinion. I put the Tome last because it is the least predictable of all the trinkets with no passive gain. I put the Eye of Magtheridon #1 because with 16% chance for a resist...it procs all the time. Icon is nice because you can plan to stack it with Avenging Wrath.

EoM is silly on demons/undead as well, as you get to add Exorcism into the mix. Also, the more mobs you are fighting, the more often it will proc, thanks to consecration resists. It never fails to proc for me on Tidewalker, and many times with multiple re-procs.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Kvaern
Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:12 am
The eye of mag is awesome for aoe tanking and overall number #1 imo.

The icon is a very nice #2 and likely better than the eye for single target threat.

I wouldn't even consider using the tome.
_________________