Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is 10k hp enough for Prince?

gamix
Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:58 pm

Is 10k hp enough for Prince?

Hi, there.

I am going to lead a kara raid recently. I have got my gear uncrushable, but my hp is only 10.4k unbuffed, it seems a bit low compared with other pro wars in my guild. I wonder whether it is ok for tanking Prince and hope for some helps here.

PS: I have been here for weeks and find this site is wonderful for prot pallies. I am sorry that I can't give the armory link because I am playing at chinese servers, there is no armory site there at the moment. Sad
Lev
Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:08 am
Especially with lower amor values you should have a bunch more hp for prince. 10k is just NOT enough, no way you get out of this fight alive without some over-overgeared healers. (don't know if this is the case with you, if you are at 14k amor unbuffed, you should be about fine)

14k buffed is the goal to go. At your stage you should have a flask up on all atempts as well. Also use stone or ironshield potions in phase 2.
_________________

Paladins do it with... Protection!
Boudi
Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:34 am
with 10.4k unbuffed it's not that hard to make 14k raidbuffed.
Bloodpact (+79 sta from lock's imp)
PW:F (70 stamina from priest)
GOTW(14 stamina wasn't it? from a druid)
Flask (+500 HP)
Well Fed (+30 stamina)
and very important: Blessing of Kings (+10% to all stats)

last night i made 13.7k with just the warlock + priest buff and being well fed(+20 sta food) a long with Blessing of Kings. So i guess with my 10.7k unbuffed the 14k is easely made Smile
_________________
Belarkan
Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:43 am
We did a couple of try on him while I was around 10.5 unbuf.
Of 6 attempts, we brough him twice under 30% but due to the lack of epics, my armor was a bit low and I didn't care about ironshield potion by that time.
So it's possible to bring him down (with 3 healers) but it's gonna to be really hard.
Lev
Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:51 am
Then just bring some potions. Also - if you have one - switch to kings defender or suneater in phase 2.
_________________

Paladins do it with... Protection!
gamix
Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:29 pm
Thanks for reply. Smile

I reviewed my stuff last night after this post. I found that I could switch the gems and enchants to make me reach 10.7k unbuffed. Also, I haven't got the shield which needs sha'tar exalted, with this shield, I think I can reach 11k.

Anyway, I think 14k armor is hard to reach without epics. Now I only got 11.8k, and with sha'tar shield it can reach 12k.
Demiblade
Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:47 pm
It'll be hard for your healers with 14k raid buffed unless they are in Gruul/Mag gear or higher, and your DPS is equally decked out to burn him down real quick.

It'll be also almost impossible for you to walk with him through an infernal should a need to relocate him through one arises.

Wait till you get exalted with Sha'tar for the shield.
_________________
Worldie
Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:06 pm
I've tanked prince for my first time with almost 10100 HP unbuffed, went fine but i was spiking a lot in p2 (had 14kish HP with buffs). More are better, this is a fight with huge spikes in p2.
_________________
Melathys
Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:10 pm
we had a really hard time with him tonight. First time we had him to 3% before infernal placement just got us, really disappointing.

After that, just a string of bad luck, due to the grim reaper addon, we were able to see what happened. 2nd wipe, I had a total of 3k healing over 4 seconds during phase 2, not good. The next two times I got enfeebled.. instant death. Again, grim reaper allowed us to see that it wasn't that I can't take the damage, just crappy luck. (grim reaper showed "heal +0", which we assume means full health, next line I was dead) They asked if I was 2nd on threat.. omen showed me to have a very healthy lead on threat (at least 50k lead).. just bad luck I guess, to get that enfeeble twice for some damn reason.

By this time I'm talking with the lock (who's warrior is usually the main tank) what kind of damage he takes, to make sure that I'm not actually taking -that- much more damage.. he says 4-5k is what he gets hit for, I'm consistently getting hit for 4k, so I'm good there.

I was willing to step back and put on healing gear to let the other prot warrior tank and I add extra healing, which we did on the first try, but his TPS was pretty low, the warlock's dots were out TPSing him.

All in all, just a very frustrating night for my first attempt at prince. 15k+ buffed, 490def and uncrushable, with armor to take hits like our warrior.... /sigh.


I guess my point is, despite how well prepared and geared you are, things can still go wrong.
_________________
Worldie
Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:08 am
Price is a bad fight, can always go wrong. We still menage to wipe on him sometimes.
_________________
Gracerath
Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:44 am
There are so many TBC boss fights that can go terribly terribly wrong no matter how over geared you are, no matter how many times you've done the encounter flawlessly.
_________________
Ulushnar
Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:23 am
I'd personally prefer 15-16k HP buffed for the Prince. The thing about the Prince is this: during phase 2, his Thrash ability can do about 12k damage in the blink of an eye. You need to have enough base HP that your healers can comfortably keep you above that at all times, or you'll die.
_________________
http://www.wulfsblood.com - Wow Blog

Afraithe
Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:23 am
Regarding the Enfeeble on the tank, it is a bug that can happen when he switches from phase 1 to phase 2 (60% mark). You need to hold the DPS at 62% until the Enfeeble has passed, then all out nuke him to 30% (heroism, trinkets, everything).
_________________