Skip to content
Maintankadin

am I ready for tanking?

Xanatos
Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:45 am
/agree

At level 65, a good choice would be the Crystalline Kopesh you get in Nagrand for killing Durn the Hungerer. Also comes with it's own snazzy glow!
_________________
Suikano
Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:13 am
You're totally fine, as others suggest, I'd look for a warrior type weapon until 70. I'm still using my axe of the legion from a blood furnace chest.

Sidenote, doesn't the change to the Fel Iron Plate set bonus just piss you off? similiar to the Fel Steel set bonus it's completely /random given that the status used to be all about tanking. Not about pvp or something.
_________________
Dorvan
Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:23 am
Warrior weapons will work, but personally I liked having the Spellfire Longsword from SP. Besides, it's a lightsaber!
Aplus
Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:47 am
i tried many times to get that spellfire sword. it never dropped and i used that same sword that you have until level 70 lol. I also put 10 points in holy for extra int and uninterruptible heals. amaze your friends when the healer dies and you switch to conc aura, and tank the boss while healing yourself!

I wouldn't really recommend having the spec you have until 70, because soloing you'll be oom after one mob and that sucks. pick up def stats where you can, but otherwise just use the generic pally pieces that have int on them. seems to me you have too much strength it doesn't do jack for you really.

and yeah like the other guy says, l2tank with some friends. otherwise you might get frustrated and give up, or even worse you will suck and give pally tanks a bad name lol jk.

good luck!
_________________