Skip to content
Maintankadin

New Tankadin, Need Wanted and Needed.

Zalbaag
Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:47 am

New Tankadin, Need Wanted and Needed.

Hello. My name is Zalbaag and until recently, I have been a Retribution Paladin. I went Protection because my guild needed a Prot Paladin and also, all of our tanks are non-shield using so shields were going to waste until I joined. Which, I still have a crappy shield from heroics... I hate it.. Regardless. If anyone could give me help on gear and see if I am doing everything correctly.

Thank you for your time.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Zalbaag
<At the time of posting this, it is showing me in my Retribution Gear and Spec. I am currently logging out of the game in my Prot Gear and Spec and hopefully will show you if anyone looks at my gear.>
Ulushnar
Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:03 am

Re: New Tankadin, Need Wanted and Needed.

I'm assuming the title is supposed to be "Help Wanted and Needed".

There's a great guide to the most frequently asked gear and spec questions here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21932

Your gems are a little odd. You're well over the Defense minimum, so I'd swap your +20 Defense gem for a +10 Defense/+15 Stamina gem. Similarly, your +8 Def/+8 Parry gem could easily become a +10 Dodge/+15 Stamina gem. On another note, since you have Blacksmithing, why haven't you socketed your gloves and bracers? :?

Your Stamina feels a little low for progression MTing, but I'd imagine a few more upgrades and it'll get there.

I'd also advise against speccing Divinity. It's not that great for tanks, and the points would probably be better invested in Ret to pick up Heart of the Crusader and Vindication. (You say you have no shield users, I take that to mean no Prot Warrior and therefore no-one to put up Demo shout for you).
Madroken
Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: New Tankadin, Need Wanted and Needed.

I'd also suggest filling out your glyph spots as well. Glyph Seal of Vengeance for the added expertise, Lay on hands for a needed minor to reduce the CD. Hold onto your divine plea glyph though.
Looking at your hit rating though, I would hold onto the glyph of righteous defense until you can that up over 200, then possibly throw a glyph of hammer of the righteous in it's place.

Spec'ing into ret is far better than your current spec, I would follow the suggested 0/53/18 build here viewtopic.php?p=472497#p472497

Switch the 24 stam gems in the legs for either 30 stam, or 10 def / 15 stam & agi / 15 stam, to get the socket bonus.
Zalbaag
Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:28 pm

Re: New Tankadin, Need Wanted and Needed.

Well, I thank you all for your comments and over all wanting to help. First of all, Yes. I messed up the name of the topic. Kinda early in the morning so I was messing up alot of spelling in the game. As far as the non shield users comment, We do have a Prot warrior but he goes to school so hes kinda flakey at the moment, our usual raid consist of this, 1 Dps Warrior, 1 DK Tank. 1 Dk Dps, 1 Feral Druid, Me as Ret. That is usually the jist of it. So there is a Feral Druid who is usually the offtank or main tank whatever they feel. I took a spec that was recommended but I agree with the vindication, a few of the tanks on my server said they didnt like the idea of vindication and all that as I took thier spec.

As far as the over Def Cap. Im aware of this, I have also noticed that my current shield is mainly Defence and noticed that alot of shields that are upgrades, I lose defence so I was over capping alittle this way when I get a better shield,(Still Praying for Boreal Guard from Hodir Hardmore) then I could regem appropriately.

My wrists and Gloves, I just recently got and I forgot to do so, so thank you.