Skip to content
Maintankadin

What to do next...

arktik
Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:23 pm

What to do next...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Arktik

I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything they would do differently and why considering my current gear set and spec. As you can tell I am an avoidance tank but i try to balance that with effective health (aka stamina gems, agility+stam where i can at least). My next purchase hopefully will be the shoulders from emblems of triumph but i do have some conquest and not sure what to get if anything. I switch between MT and OT and that is my MT set in armory. My OT set though i never worry about, i usually just leave my MT set on for it anyway.

Currently im debating:
changing Ironbark helm for the tier 8.5 helm. This is only because i am not actually block capped, i just never worried about it, is that worth it for that reason or is 8.5 helm better anyway?
changing out my tier 7.5 gloves for the guantlets of the royal watch. I am hesitant because they arent a huge upgrade in avoidance and they are actually a good drop in HP due to no gem slots.
And then libram of obstruction with libram of the sacred shield but i dont think theres really a big enough difference to use my emblems on when theres another gear upgrade i could do (concerning the 2 things i mentioned before).
Lastly saving up again to make the deathdealers boots but wow i just finished saving for the belt and that took 108 conquest and 12 titansteel and the boots will do the same, i just dont think that is mostly worth it lol.

Any other comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism are appreciated!!!! thank you ahead of time.
arktik
Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: What to do next...

Also, random question, anyone know of a post where there is a discussion about seal of command if its better than sov. And is my understanding correct that sov is good for single target boss fightin and soc is whats good for AOE cuz it procs off ardent defender and hammer????
arktik
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: What to do next...

No one has any ideas? anything? even if ur not sure u can at least say that so im not like all alone lol
Shathus
Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Re: What to do next...

Well since you responded to me.. ;)

I dont know where the thread is about SoC v SoV but it was pretty definitive that SoV was still the winner I believe
arktik wrote: my understanding correct that sov is good for single target boss fightin and soc is whats good for AOE cuz it procs off ardent defender and hammer????

did you mean SotR and not AD? I think there's some theory crafting going on with the new patch (3.2.2) and the SoC changes on whether SoC might be better for AoE packs but hadn't checked back to see if people had confirmed this.

I don't know if I'd bother with the Conquest Libram. I think LoO still comes out around, or at least even with the new changes to the duration. Probably just save up Triumph badges for the new libram. 200 dodge is pretty sexy. I hadn't really looked at the rest of the T9 level stuff to really give advice there.

Different in T7.5 v Royal Watch
Code: Select all
27 Sta
3 Str
31 Armor
5 Defense
14 Dodge
12 Hit


If you put an epic blue gem in the 7.5 gloves, you negate the stam difference and a little of the hit. So you get some more avoidance, little more threat with the hit+/str and some extra def. Definitely an all-around upgrade, just depends if you have anything else to spend your badges on.
arktik
Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:06 am

Re: What to do next...

theoretically, if you had 2 30 stam gems in, there would be a 33 stam drop from 7.5 to royal, thats what i was worried about.

So question is, is 5 defense, 31 armor, 3 strength, and .14 dodge worth the 33 stam drop? oh ya and the hit, but thats also negated a little by the stam cuz stam gives threat as well like u said.
KysenMurrin
Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Re: What to do next...

It's only a 3 stam drop, actually - the T7.5 has only one socket, the second is a Blacksmithing socket.
repent
Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: What to do next...

I looked through your gear and nothing stood out and said fail. The only thing I personally did different was to ignore teh socket bonuses for the bracers and saronite leggings in favor of more stamina. You have some defense room, so its not a bad tradeoff, especially the bracers.
Digren
Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: What to do next...

You should have switched your cloak enchant from defense to armor before you switched your chest enchant from defense to health. The boost to effective health relative to the loss of defense is better in that order.
arktik
Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: What to do next...

hey thx for comments. Totally forgot that the 2nd socket in those gloves was from my BS. I will think about the def change over to stam as well as armor to cloak instead.