Skip to content
Maintankadin

What could I be doing better?

Madroken
Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:47 pm

What could I be doing better?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Skywall&n=Madroken

I've hit a point where I know my gear fairly well, but I'm always wondering what I could be doing better.
(Aside from the shoulder enchant, working on the Hodir rep, never a lot of time for rep grinding in my day.)

I'm upgrading my gem sockets to new epic gems as I can afford to. Lately, I've been finding at times my threat is slipping off, and I'm wondering if that's from lack of expertise on my gear.
Digren
Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: What could I be doing better?

Read my gem and enchant guide and reconsider gem choices for head and chest and enchant choices for back, weapon, and belt.
Madroken
Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:16 pm

Re: What could I be doing better?

Thanks, I definitely hadn't read that guide since the last patch. Got a good idea what I should be putting on those gear pieces now.

Don't discount the frag belt though, it's handy as limited crowd control on trash too.
Wrathy
Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: What could I be doing better?

Madroken wrote:Thanks, I definitely hadn't read that guide since the last patch. Got a good idea what I should be putting on those gear pieces now.

Don't discount the frag belt though, it's handy as limited crowd control on trash too.


Replace your helm gem with a defense/stam gem
Replace the red socket on your chest with an agi/stam gem

I'm not personally a fan of Mongoose, but to each their own.

And if you dont have someone that is consistently putting up Curse of Weakness, Imp Demo Shout, or Vindication, respec - move two of your points from conviction to vindication.

On top of Digren's superb gem guild, you can check out my rant on Gem theory: Avenging Wrathy - Gems, Sockets, and You
Luther
Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: What could I be doing better?

Hi first time posting here but used this board for quite a while reading up etc didn't want to make a new topic for this but just wanted to ask the same basically.

My guilds working on hard modes 10 man but slacking 25 man so just want to offer every little thing i can so any improvements would be greatly appreciated, and oh trinket wise i have repelling charge in back up but currently trying to get that damn black heart from TotC

Armory = http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... utherlight

Thanks again.
Wrathy
Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Re: What could I be doing better?

Luther,

Swap your shield enchant for 20 Defense, there is no reason you should have a block enchant on an effective health shield.
Try to pick up some pieces that replace the ones with BR on them (Neck and Gloves).

other than that, lookin'good
fuzzygeek
Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:57 pm

Re: What could I be doing better?

def on shield would probably give you the latitude to swap the def gem in your crab and gain some avoidance and stamina. Weapon could use a better enchant if you want to get nitpicky.

The LoO libram is better than LoSS at the moment.

Not seeing too much I would do differently if I were wearing your gear. You're at 24% dodge and 19% parry, which seems a little low to me, but you're also using more BV gear than I would in my MT set (specifically swapping gloves).
Luther
Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: What could I be doing better?

To be honest the def gem in the crab isn't even needed to be at the cap so yea looking at that now is rather stupid.
I went with the chain on weapon as it gives marginally more hit but just got shiver tonight from Hodir \o. so thats now replaced with accuracy.
Block value items i went with the armory which said they were best in slot probably not the best place to check that really in hindsight hopefully will get them replaced with coliseum stuff soon but thanks for the tips putting them into action now.
repent
Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:13 pm

Re: What could I be doing better?

One other thing to mention. Unless needed for defense floor, I personally ignore socket bonuses unless they are +9 stamina or better (per socket). Your legs, for example, have a +6 stamina bonus. I would have ignored the socket bonus (+3 stam avg per socket) and gone straight stamina (netting you 24 stamina: 30 stam v. 10 agility + 10 defense + 6 stam). Personal choice, of course, just something to think about for future gear selection.
Madroken
Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Re: What could I be doing better?

repent wrote:One other thing to mention. Unless needed for defense floor, I personally ignore socket bonuses unless they are +9 stamina or better (per socket). Your legs, for example, have a +6 stamina bonus. I would have ignored the socket bonus (+3 stam avg per socket) and gone straight stamina (netting you 24 stamina: 30 stam v. 10 agility + 10 defense + 6 stam). Personal choice, of course, just something to think about for future gear selection.


Was heavily considered at the time, but as I keep getting rings with no +def on them, I prefer to keep my defense floor up for any switches. I've always had the avoidance > stam mindset, if somethings on it's way in to hit me, I'd just rather not be there.