Skip to content
Maintankadin

Armsman vs Heavy Borean

Kale
Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:19 am

Armsman vs Heavy Borean

I'm trying to decide whether I should replace my armsman enchant with an armor kit. My gear's alright, so I don't think I really need to worry about the threat any more. With that aside, I'm trying to decide if the parry is worth it. 10 parry would be equal to 15 stam, and the kit is 18+multipliers.. However, idk if it's worth trading the pure avoidance for simple health. I'd like to hear some specifics from someone who knows more about this than I do.

Also, as an aside, if you could click on my sig and give a quick glance through my gear, I always welcome suggestions and critiques.
Barathorn
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:10 am

Re: Armsman vs Heavy Borean

I would consider the agility enchant if you no longer need the threat. I would not consider stamina on gloves to be a good choice as there are other areas that can be worked on first with regards to stamina in general. I can't access your armory from work to give you any further ideas but would suggest reading Digren's excellant guide in the consolidated guide for more ideas.

Barathorn
Awyndel
Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Armsman vs Heavy Borean

Yeah ag or stam on hands, depends on what you want more. Ag is worth more ilevel though.

Blade ward is not that good for your weapon. Try ag or blood draining.

Have you considered ag/stam gems. The dodge lost is small compared to the armor/crit gained.
Lythac
Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Armsman vs Heavy Borean

I would go for agi on hands.

Glyph of Excorcism should be changed. You should have Glyph of Divine Plea and Glyph of SoV (higher threat than Glyph of Judgement) and then a 3rd one from Judgement (threat)/HotR (trash/adds)/Salvation (extra CD for hardmodes)/Taunt one (situationally useful).

+Armor on cloak is a option for you.

Signet of the Impregnable Fortress is a nice enough ring, has a lot of threat stats (which you don't need) and has a high amount of def for keeping uncrittable. Now you're quite safely past minimum have you another ring lurking in your bank that offers more defensive stats?
Nikachelle
Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: Armsman vs Heavy Borean

Throwing in my vote for agility on hands as well. I used Armsman while leveling 70-80, didn't like it. Heavy Borean I used in Naxx since the extra HP was nice (and pugging Naxx 25... pugs loooove their hp high tanks... :roll: )

But, when I was comfortable enough with my health pool, and when it sunk in (finally) that your health pool doesn't decide your skill level, I switched to agility. I'm now known as an agility whore tank (:lol: "Why don't you just roll on leather?") but, it's kinda true. I love my agility.
Digren
Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Armsman vs Heavy Borean

If you are an effective health zealot, I think the best option for glove enchant may be the armor. That said, everyone needs some avoidance, and the agi enchant provides a little armor to satisfy effective health cravings.

Of the three best options, the one I like least is the stamina enchant, only because its itemization value is the lowest of the three and there are likely far better places to stack stamina.