Skip to content
Maintankadin

Which Tier Piece First?

PapaNasty
Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:15 am

Which Tier Piece First?

I've got a trophy of the crusade sitting in my bank, and should have enough badges to cash it in by the end of the weekend for a piece of t9.25. Am just deciding on which piece to upgrade though, but it's quite a hard decision.

Figured that I'd grab you fellas 2c and perhaps that'll help me to makeup my mind. Or worst comes to the worst, this thread will help me to get my thoughts into writing so that I can make a more logical decision:


http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Papanasty - This is me

Have been doing alot of heroics lately, so might show my BV gear, but generally I use the saronite plated leggings, xt shoulders + 3pc 8.5

My dillema is deciding on which piece to get, in that I love the itemisation on the 8.5 gloves and am not a huge fan of the t9 shoulders itemisation (Also the Pauldrons of the Silver Defender could drop from Faction Champions10 next week which has the itemisation which I ideally like)

But then if I weren't to get either gloves or shoulders, I'd need to save an additional 30 EoTs for legs/chest/helm, which of those 3 would be the helm, as I consider this to be my weakest piece at present, however in that time it's likely that the Vezax helm may drop which would then make my helm no longer the weakest link (Although in 2-3 months of farming General, it's only dropped once). This would also mean (Assuming I got Vezax helm) that if I were to get chest instead, that I'd break my 8.5 2pc which would make the upgrade less worthwhile.

Also I love saronite plated leggings and thus am not overly keen on getting legs as my first piece. Also it would be nice to use heroic 9.5 tokens when they come out in a few weeks for legs/chest/helm since using those tokens doesnt cost me any badges.

To top it all off, I like having a cool looking character. And t9 looks FUGLY compared to the xt shoulders / vezax helm.

So really.... I'm just a bit indecisive as to which items would be best upgraded....I figure the 2c from other prot pallys might help me to makeup my mind :)
Invisusira
Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:04 am

Re: Which Tier Piece First?

Sounds to me like you've decided on chest.
Wrathy
Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Which Tier Piece First?

Well even though you have already stated that you are against my 2c, I will be picking up the shoulders first, and getting rid of some SBR itemization and replacing it with pure avoidance and experitse. All of the pieces are nice stamina upgrades, but only a few deviate from shield block and move towards avoidance (which is my gearing philosophy for progression).

I personally want to pick up the piece of gear that has the best opportunity cost for my effective health set, and the shoulders seem to be the best.

Unfortunately, you are in your ret gear so I cant fully understand your gearing choices, but if you are three piece T8,it should not matter which one you replace, as long as it gives you the greatest increase in stats that you look to gear towards.
PapaNasty
Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:04 pm

Re: Which Tier Piece First?

hehe am not against avoidance, I love avoidance, I just love items with +block value more, as I'm really an effective health/mitigation whore (Although I factor block value into the EH equation)

Also cheers guys, have been thinking a bit more on it, and decided to just wait an extra week and then get the helm :) (Admittedly, looks were a defining factor in my final decision lolz, the helm actually looks quite good with the XT shoulders on)