Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Black Heart vs Monarch Crab vs Furnace Stone

chinoquezada
Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:03 pm

The Black Heart vs Monarch Crab vs Furnace Stone

Dear Maintankadin Experts,

I have the following doubt I want you guys to help me with:

With the following trinket options:
The Black Heart
JC Monarch Crab
Furnace Stone

Which would you choose to use with my current gear?
(link to my armor is on the sig)


What I've thought so far:
1. Monarch Crab + The Black Heart = Crapton of Stamina. It would put me at almost 45k raid buffed health.
2. Furnace Stone brings a lot of dodge plus on use +armor that is useful on "Oh shit" moments.
3. Monarch Crab also has the "oh shit" moment use but dodge is always a "luck of the draw" kinda thing.
4. The Black Heart procs like crazy and would probably be up for 2-3 boss hits before its up.
5. Furnace Stone + Monarch Crab cant be used at the same time, so im generally choosing between them when I equip em both.
6. The Black Heart + Monarch Crab make the choice for me as to what /use when "shit hits the fan"
7. Furnace Stone + The Black Heart leave me with "just extra armor" as an "oh shit button"

All in all, it seems that I would "like" to use The Black Heart + Monarch Crab more but I have the lingering feeling that Furnace Stone just sitting on my bags is a waste of an otherwise nice trinket.


Thx before hand for the help.
Madroken
Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: The Black Heart vs Monarch Crab vs Furnace Stone

Right now, I'm liking my combo of Furnace Stone & Black Heart. With raid buffs it can add up to a ton of armor. With raid buffs and bubble wall up, I have to ask bosses to stop because it tickles.
And I'm an engineer, so no crabs for me.
:lol:
Barathorn
Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:11 am

Re: The Black Heart vs Monarch Crab vs Furnace Stone

Madroken wrote:Right now, I'm liking my combo of Furnace Stone & Black Heart.


This is a very powerful combination. As soon as I can get the Furnace stone to drop I will be putting my alchemists stone in my bag and using the above combination.
Solare
Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:14 am

Re: The Black Heart vs Monarch Crab vs Furnace Stone

chinoquezada wrote:5. Furnace Stone + Monarch Crab cant be used at the same time, so im generally choosing between them when I equip em both.


Macro:
/use Heart of Iron
/use Furnace Stone
/use Figurine - Monarch Crab

I use one trinket button.
Ulushnar
Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:00 am

Re: The Black Heart vs Monarch Crab vs Furnace Stone

At the moment I have the Monarch Crab macro'd to my Holy Shield so it goes off every minute or thereabouts. The use isn't powerful enough to make a decent oh crap button, so I prefer to use it proactively.

I'll proably replace it with the Black Heart if and when I can be bothered farming it.
Mert
Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:24 am

Re: The Black Heart vs Monarch Crab vs Furnace Stone

I'm personally going to go for Black Heart + Monarch Crab as I've not had the Furnace Stone drop for me yet (nor Black Heart but, y'know, farmable) but I can see some very significant win in the Furnace Stone + Black Heart combo, with Black Heart + {Monarch Crab, Heart of Iron, Royal Seal} for big hitting hard mode-type bosses.
chinoquezada
Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: The Black Heart vs Monarch Crab vs Furnace Stone

Solare wrote:
chinoquezada wrote:5. Furnace Stone + Monarch Crab cant be used at the same time, so im generally choosing between them when I equip em both.


Macro:
/use Heart of Iron
/use Furnace Stone
/use Figurine - Monarch Crab

I use one trinket button.


I might be doing something wrong because everytime I use one, the other goes into a 30sec CD.

I think you mean a button that would use any of the 3 trinkets, right?

At the moment I have the Monarch Crab macro'd to my Holy Shield so it goes off every minute or thereabouts. The use isn't powerful enough to make a decent oh crap button, so I prefer to use it proactively.


I used to do that, but with all my 969 abilities, but decided to change it back to sorta "oh crap" due to me not really having much problem surviving bosses as it was. (Unless there was one "oh crap" situation and my Divine Protection was on CD)
I'm thinking of putting the Crab /use with Hand of Salvation, that way I can make that sorta "oh shit" button a bit better than it currently is.





I'm atm leaning towards Monarch Crab + The Black Heart. I'm liking 45k hp too much.
Also, talking to my healers, they feel I'm at a good spot for healing.
So my reasoning is that, instead of making it easier all the time with the Furnace Stone +dodge (something my healers say they don't need), I would rather get 2 good "oh shit" buttons and the random proc "oh shit" ability:
1. Divine Prot
2. Hand of Salv + Crab /use
3. Ardent Defender
Solare
Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Re: The Black Heart vs Monarch Crab vs Furnace Stone

With my macro, it doesn't try to equip the trinkets, but it uses them all at the same instant (since trinkets do not incur a GCD). I don't use my crab anymore, so you would probably be better giving it a hot-key of it's own due to it's minute cd. But the Furnace Stone and the Heart of Iron together are almost an 'oh shit' button. I often use it in conjunction with a less powerful mitigation cool-down than my bubblewall like glyphed Hand of Salvation (20%) or Blessing of Sacrifice (30%) or Pain Suppression (40%) to make it closer. Healers love consistency.