Skip to content
Maintankadin

Back after a Mage break

Gyute
Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:51 pm

Back after a Mage break

Hay guys,
Me paladin has been on the shelf since he hit 80 and ran some Naxx 10 for some gear. Our guild wasnt going anywhere and right after launch I was having a hard time pugging as a tank so I rolled a mage (incredibly easy to pug dps).

After a while of pugging I found a more active guild (running 25s and Uld 10) and have finally broke my pally back out. Our MT is taking a hiatus from the MT role and I am looking at this as a great opportunity to get back to what I really enjoyed which is tanking.

I have spent the last week or so regearing him so I know some of the stuff is dated and looking for some advice on where to go from here.

Link to armory

Obvious upgrades include the gloves and the legs, and am badge farming right now.
Question: should I get the T8 Legs and farm for the token for the glovesfor the set bonus or buy the Gauntlets of the Royal Watch and Wyrmguard Legplates

Also I am in dire need of a new trinket, just dont know what would be direct upgrades or if I should just keep Seal of the Pantheon untill my other gear makes up for the defense loss. This would allow me to gem for HP and avoidance rather than stacking defense gems.

The Unmashable Heavy Band is also one I know I need to replace and I have the Keystone ring that would up my avoidance, but again I am still fighting with defense at this point.

Any help on upgrades or what I should shoot for next would be great.
Gyute
Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Back after a Mage break

Well, I got some upgrades since the original post and I guess I am doing something right, downed General last night after only a couple attempts and all is going well.

I opted for the 226 legs and hands, swaped some gear around and sitting at 540 defense and raid buffed 102.4 so looking good.

We are going to spend the next couple days working on Yogg and hopefully down em and start on hardmodes next week.

Thanks to this forum I am right back to tanking again and fighting with a DK for the main tank roll, wish me luck!