Skip to content
Maintankadin

A little doubt

jarlaxle
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:52 am

A little doubt

I have a question for an item, and I need an expert opinion, like there are in the forum

Now, I wear: Valorous Redemption Legguards (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40583)
So my stats are: Stregth 1118
Stamina 2066
Defense 552
Armor 25348
Dodge 23,16
Parry 17,89
Blocking 17,48

And my new item will be: Archaedas' Lost Legplates (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45708)
So my stats will be: Stregth 1092
Stamina 2048
Defense 545
Armor 25372
Dodge 24,25
Parry 18,45
Blocking 14,03

So, an armor increase is good, and the increase of dodge and parry are pretty good, but I lose stamina, so less life points and less spell damage and less aggro. Also I lose strength that give me les block status and less AP, and my damage and aggro down again.

So, this is my problem which is the best item for me? I give you my armory link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Jarlaxle We starts recently ulduar 10, we don´t have people to do anymore. And my rol in raid is off-tank mainly. Thank you for your help in advance
CircuAuchindoun
Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Re: A little doubt

If your getting into Ulduar where the bosses are hitting a bit harder, I would recommend your new legs. Avoidance is still high in demand even for "off tanks". The amount of HP and threat you will loose will hardly be noticeable provided your doing your rotation and cooldowns properly.
jarlaxle
Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: A little doubt

If I understand properly, you recomended me the item that give me more avoidance, and looking for the aggro imporving my rotation and cooldown buffs, isn´t it?
Ulushnar
Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: A little doubt

If you're doing anything like a normal 69696 rotation then you shouldn't have a problem with threat. If you aren't doing that, then why not?
Kalakaua
Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:20 am

Re: A little doubt

jarlaxle wrote: So, an armor increase is good, and the increase of dodge and parry are pretty good, but I lose stamina, so less life points and less spell damage and less aggro. Also I lose strength that give me les block status and less AP, and my damage and aggro down again.


The highlighted part is why you have trouble with aggro. I haven't looked at your armory, but the fact that you use spell damage in the same sentence as aggro tells me that you need to read the basic training stickies.
KysenMurrin
Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:50 am

Re: A little doubt

That's pretty clearly referring to the Spellpower from Touched by the Light. If they're trading Stamina for avoidance and armor, they actually are losing a little threat.
Kanta
Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:44 am

Re: A little doubt

I didn't math out the EH change but I also just swapped to Archaedas' Lost Legplates from T7 (albeit my tier was 7 and yours is 7.5) My swap was less of a difficult one since the jump was so much larger in armor and avoidance, but if I were wearing 7.5 I would probably still make the same swap. This brings to mind one question though...tanking legs with zero defense...why? I know that the surplus def can be grabbed from the other ulduar pieces, but it still looks kind of wierd.
gibborim
Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:31 am

Re: A little doubt

Kalakaua wrote:The highlighted part is why you have trouble with aggro. I haven't looked at your armory, but the fact that you use spell damage in the same sentence as aggro tells me that you need to read the basic training stickies.


As an extension of your logic and sentance comprehension skills, I must also point out to you that you have used "spell damage" in the same sentance as "aggro". This tells me that you need to read the basic training stickies, or to read the how not to be a giant post donkey stickies. He was obviously talking about the marginal threat gains of Stam.


@OP: I think the new legs are a fair bit better than the 7.5. That being said, I would encourage you to seek pretty much any of the other tanking legs or T8 legs available in Ulduar10/25 as soon as possible. The lack of defense on the legs is pretty bad when you consider how little you get for the trade when you could be sacrificing those points to put on a Signet of winter instead. Or, now that I have looked at your armory a bit closer, there would be considerable benefit to being able to unequip you seal of the pantheon for a stam trinket.