Skip to content
Maintankadin

Greatness Deck Options

Eanin
Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:08 am

Greatness Deck Options

How do people feel about the Greatness agility card?

With Kings, it's 99 agility, so that's almost 2% dodge plus 198 armor, and that's just the base level. It adds to crit, too.

Of course, the proc is very nice for increasing threat and block value for more mitigation.

If you had a Nobles Deck, which would you pick?
agnara
Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:17 am
If I ever get the greatness deck I'll definetively choose the Strenght version. for ret dps it's almost 3 times as good as the agi version, and for prot there are comparable (and way cheaper) trinkets.
Dorvan
Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:20 am
+90 Str definitely

Greatness is always going to be a threat trinket anyway (if you want an avoidance trinket, there are better ones available), so you might as well get the version that's also the best Ret trinket in game and likely to stay that way for some time.
Tronden
Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:35 am
I pick agility... And this is because it would be the trinket I get before I replace it with some nicer avoidance trinket. It just costs gold - no badges, no waiting for a drop... just gold. Instant gratification.

In the end I wouldnt keep either one. This is a good filler/stepping stone.

As people have stated, threat is not an issue. 2% avoidance? OK. I will take that please. Oh, you want to give me a little EH on the side too? (armor) OK, I will take that too. Threat? Well I suppose random threat is random with crit.... but hell I will take that too - its free with my 2% avoidance decision.

Strength gives me no avoidance, no EH (until block capped) and gives me.... threat.

We have been told time and time again, don't gem for strength - there is plenty in the gear, and we have plenty of threat. mmkay?
Serelynn
Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:48 am
The agility deck wouldn't be much help imo, there are better tanking trinkets available.

If you're going to drop the gold on the deck, pick the strength card. You get one of the best Retribution DPS trinkets in the game and it has the added benefit of being a nice threat trinket for when you want to stack block value to put out more DPS as a tank (always a worthy goal). If you only ever plan to tank though, don't spend the gold on it.
Dorvan
Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:58 am
Tronden wrote:I pick agility... And this is because it would be the trinket I get before I replace it with some nicer avoidance trinket. It just costs gold - no badges, no waiting for a drop... just gold. Instant gratification.


While it's "only" gold, it's a lot of gold....on my server even if you're patient and buying cards only when they're cheap you can expect to pay at leasst 8k gold. Farming 40 badges for the Valor Medal of the First War is a lot easier than farming 8k+ gold imo.
Martie
Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:25 pm
Definatly strength.

As pointed out, there are better avoidance trinkets out there, and the badge version comes with an on-use ability that's better then this trinket's proc for tanking.
daemonym
Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:49 pm
strength definitely for an amazing block set. and as many have stated, great trinket if you go ret from time to time. also for bosses you know you're group can kill, adds a ton of dps to make thing just go faster, especially for heroic achievements.
Petrus
Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:13 pm
Int, because I wouldn't use it in a prot set and I never go ret.


>.>