Skip to content
Maintankadin

reached uncrittable and am stuck

Tronden
Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:42 am

reached uncrittable and am stuck

All, I am at *exactly* 540 defense. tankadin2 has me at -0.6% crittable.

Yes, I know that it not the maximum, that it the minimum.

Anyhow, I started looking at possibly making that tempered titansteel helm and found that I would lose too much def rating, also I have to keep the hammer of quiet mourning for its tiny 19 def rating, instead of a nearly 40 dps jump and extra stam from a titansteel bone crusher (wanted for HotR).


on the other hand... if I have HS on and redoubt procs, I am over 110% avoidance and I am uncrittable and I am sitting at about 25k health with BoK on... and supposedly a 79% DR. so why am I trying to change things? I just dont know...

Should I leave well enough alone and figure that I am just fine - dont fix it? or is there a clear path I should be looking at here while remaining uncrittable?


TL;DR - can you check my stuff on the armory and tell me what you think?

Thanks,

Tronden of Runetotem (US)
ulushnar
Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:51 am
If you wanted to switch to the Titansteel helm, shove a 21 def/5% BV metagem in it. Between that and the socket bonus, you would gain 15 defense rating, or about 3 defense skill.

But yeah, you'll be fine for Heroics, Naxx10, VoA10 or OS10 (no extra drakes).

Oh and the link in your sig doesn't work:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Tronden
MrDuck
Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:52 am
Forget the BS weapon, go heroic strat and get RSoC, it's WAY better and ya dont have to sacrifice anything. The head is somewhat good, use it if you can stay crittable (it has a lot of def, so i guess you can,didnt check armory:<) ... anyways, i started heroics with 519def and 19k hp, with my friends healing me, and we did pretty fine, so there's no reason to worry about for you imo.
ulushnar
Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:54 am
MrDuck wrote:Forget the BS weapon, go heroic strat and get RSoC,


Ummmm, you mean Heroic Utgarte Pinnacle, right? You send him to Strat chasing a sword, he'll be pissed off.
Tronden
Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:05 am
Ulushnar wrote:Oh and the link in your sig doesn't work:


Thanks for pointing that out - I just fixed that.
Conaan!
Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:13 am
Alright, here we go

Gear:
Helm:
-Re-gem Meta to Eternal Earthsiege Diamond
- Re-gem Enduring Forest Emerald

Chest
-Acquire Breastplate of the Solemn Council from Revered with Wyrmrest Accord

Cloak
-Acquire Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions from Honored with Wyrmrest Accord
-Re-enchant to Titanweave

Shield
-Re-enchant to Defense

Ring
-Acquire Titanium Earthguard Ring from a Jewelcrafter

Trinket
-Acquire Seal of the pantheon from Regular Halls of lightning
-Acquire Adamantine Figurine from Regular Shadow labryinth
-Acquire Dabiri's enigma from Dimensius the All-Devouring

Boots
-Acquire Sabatons of Draconic Vigor from Revered with Wyrmrest Accord
Tronden
Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:34 pm
Conaan! wrote:Alright, here we go

Gear:
Helm:
-Re-gem Meta to Eternal Earthsiege Diamond
- Re-gem Enduring Forest Emerald

Chest
-Acquire Breastplate of the Solemn Council from Revered with Wyrmrest Accord

Cloak
-Acquire Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions from Honored with Wyrmrest Accord
-Re-enchant to Titanweave

Shield
-Re-enchant to Defense

Ring
-Acquire Titanium Earthguard Ring from a Jewelcrafter

Trinket
-Acquire Seal of the pantheon from Regular Halls of lightning
-Acquire Adamantine Figurine from Regular Shadow labryinth
-Acquire Dabiri's enigma from Dimensius the All-Devouring

Boots
-Acquire Sabatons of Draconic Vigor from Revered with Wyrmrest Accord


Just to clarify - the regemming, is that to the current helm or to the tempered titansteel helm? Which ring should be replaced? (I am assuming the stoneguard to be replaced)


EDIT:

Also, I put in my assumptions of current helm and stoneguard into warcrafter (and the BoK, MotW, Moonkin Aura, Blood Pact, Arcane intellect, and Holy Shield because I am sure to have them):

Melee Stats
Haste %0
Attack Speed 1.6
Attack Power 2158
Hit Chance %92.6
Crit Chance %6.95
Expertise Rating 127
Expertise 25.11
Armor Penetration 0
Defense
Defense Rating 963
Defense Skill 592
Dodge Rating 113
Dodge Chance %22.6
Parry Rating 0
Parry Chance %17.68
Block 255
Block Rating 0
Block Chance %42.68
Avoidance %95.64



Sandbox url to this: http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/126247
Conaan!
Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:25 pm
Tronden wrote:
Conaan! wrote:Alright, here we go

Gear:
Helm:
-Re-gem Meta to Eternal Earthsiege Diamond
- Re-gem Enduring Forest Emerald

Chest
-Acquire Breastplate of the Solemn Council from Revered with Wyrmrest Accord

Cloak
-Acquire Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions from Honored with Wyrmrest Accord
-Re-enchant to Titanweave

Shield
-Re-enchant to Defense

Ring
-Acquire Titanium Earthguard Ring from a Jewelcrafter

Trinket
-Acquire Seal of the pantheon from Regular Halls of lightning
-Acquire Adamantine Figurine from Regular Shadow labryinth
-Acquire Dabiri's enigma from Dimensius the All-Devouring

Boots
-Acquire Sabatons of Draconic Vigor from Revered with Wyrmrest Accord


Just to clarify - the regemming, is that to the current helm or to the tempered titansteel helm? Which ring should be replaced? (I am assuming the stoneguard to be replaced)


EDIT:

Also, I put in my assumptions of current helm and stoneguard into warcrafter (and the BoK, MotW, Moonkin Aura, Blood Pact, Arcane intellect, and Holy Shield because I am sure to have them):

Melee Stats
Haste %0
Attack Speed 1.6
Attack Power 2158
Hit Chance %92.6
Crit Chance %6.95
Expertise Rating 127
Expertise 25.11
Armor Penetration 0
Defense
Defense Rating 963
Defense Skill 592
Dodge Rating 113
Dodge Chance %22.6
Parry Rating 0
Parry Chance %17.68
Block 255
Block Rating 0
Block Chance %42.68
Avoidance %95.64



Sandbox url to this: http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/126247


keep your regular helm, regem down on some defense for some more stam if you feel like it

but your defense will drop as soon as you replace your blues
majiben
Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:47 pm
Basically you don't need to follow every thing listed in his post but that is a pretty good guide for your options.
mavfin
Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:14 pm
MrDuck wrote:Forget the BS weapon, go heroic strat and get RSoC,


He's probably like my warrior, and using the BS weapon because RSoC refuses to drop. I'd love to use RSoC, but, until my warrior sees it drop, not gonna happen. I've got my def over 540 without any on my weapon, so the BS weapon works fine in 90% of situations, and I have a fast ilvl 200 blue for the other 10%.

(I'm ignoring the 'strat' part, because someone already corrected that.)