Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Official "I Wanted Titanguard But..." Poll

Pallypete
Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:36 am
Eanin wrote:Actually, Accuracy or the weapon chain are starting to look a lot more attractive now that it takes 446 hit rating to cap the new taunt.


I like Accuracy, I used to use the Titanium Weapon Chain for the +hit, but since I got http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40345 I decided to bite the bullet and get something a bit pricier slapped on it. :P
Sarkan-ZdC
Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:58 am
amh wrote:
Aubade wrote:honestly mongoose is the 2nd best looking enchant in the game.


Which one do you think looks better? The only thing I´d rate over Mongoose would have to be Crusader.


Executioner looks better but ist totally worthless. But if style -> function you can think about it!
Sybexia
Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:20 am
What's the name of the +26 Agility enchant? I was trying to find it on wowhead so that I could see the required mats. Thx
Newcron
Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:35 am
Sybexia wrote:What's the name of the +26 Agility enchant? I was trying to find it on wowhead so that I could see the required mats. Thx


Exceptional Agility
cordelia
Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:59 am
bah. You left out a choice. I have no enchant on my weapon. I was hoping for Titanguard, and now I got nothing. I'm sulking. Besides, I don't need more threat or avoidance. Farm content :P.
Grizwold
Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:15 am
I put a thread in my guild's forums about it and basically it comes down to all mediocre enchants so its not a huge deal... but the bulk of my post, for all those that want to see mongoose's stats was:

[also bear in mind i do have 5/5 reckoning, mainly for old content soloing (gheddon is a pain to solo but reckoning helps ALOT with seal of light), but it does help a tiny bit threat wise on trash/bosses.]

LL=Last Laugh

I have been really hesitant towards mongoose, but recently, I've started looking at it more. Apparently the proc hasn't been reduced. It is still a 1 PPM before specials and haste, so with just taking into consideration reckoning and Hammer of the righteous the math looks like:
1.6s LL swing time, 1 PPM on goose, ~37 swings per min, ~2.7% proc rate
boss hits ~ 30 times a min (2 sec swing timer), 10% chance on hit of reckoning --> ~3 procs of reckoning --->~12 extra swings a minute
6sec c/d on hammer ---> 10 casts / extra swings a minute
for a total of 37+12+10 = 59 swings a min
59 swings at 2.7% is ~160% which means ---> 1.6 PPM
1.6PPM with 15 sec uptime ~ 24seconds of uptime a minute on average
24/60 = ~40% uptime ---> 40% benefit passive ~ 48 agi, and .8 haste (48 agi is 96 armor, ~.9% dodge, .9%crit) all before kings

so in total it seems like ~ 100armor, 1% dodge / crit / haste or so on average. EH wise it seems like it would be pretty good, but I'm not a fan of on proc avoidance... Any thoughts?
Dorvan
Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:02 pm
Grizwold wrote:so in total it seems like ~ 100armor, 1% dodge / crit / haste or so on average. EH wise it seems like it would be pretty good, but I'm not a fan of on proc avoidance... Any thoughts?


Well, EH wise if doesn't help you either, because EH is all about worst case survival and the armor bonus is only up a portion of the time.

That said, I'm currently leaning towards mongoose once I no longer need 26 agi to reach block cap.
Stokely
Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:47 pm
Dorvan said: "Well, EH wise if doesn't help you either, because EH is all about worst case survival and the armor bonus is only up a portion of the time."

This was the main reason I switched to 26 Agility from Titanium Weapon Chain. Threat is something I can reliably modify through gear choices for the relatively few encounters where high TPS matters, and misses on taunts are extremely rare considering the 8% hit glyph works for both taunts. While small, 26 agility provides some armor and about .4% dodge after diminishing returns in my gear.

It brings me a little closer to swapping out a block rating item in favor of more avoidance, and it will reliably reduce incoming damage by a small amount. In this particular comparison I feel that .4% dodge is worth more than the 16.5 block value in regards to minimizing damage taken, and that has been my goal since I've become block capped and confident in my threat production abilities.

I dream of solo tanking 25 man Kel'thuzad!
Gamingdevil
Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:01 am
Stokely wrote:and misses on taunts are extremely rare considering the 8% hit glyph works for both taunts.


I was under the impression that it still only worked for RD :o
Frickit
Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:53 am
Invisusira wrote:
Dorvan wrote:Why would you ever use an Adamantite Weapon chain over 26 agi?

Because I don't want green shit all over my sword.


tried out 26 agi on the broken promise i picked up...its actually a pretty decent glow compared to the green potency one. I have mongoose on all my other swords and I may have to have broken laptop effect on my broken promise if its really 40 agi average.
Kellel
Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:18 pm
i used to use potency religiously .. until i heard the titanguard was coming ... then wasn't coming. I was left without a weapon enchant on my broken promise.

That night 4 of us when to do a kara run. two tanks, an enhancement shammy and a resto druid. and hour and a half later, we had enough mat's to do two mongoose enchants for both tanks :D.

meh, why not?
Neroth
Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 am
I've been using 26 agility on my Red Sword of Courage to help keep me at block cap. Now that I can be block capped without it I'll probrobably go with Mongoose whenever I get an upgrade for the higher average agility.
Petrus
Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:01 am
I'm going to be switching to 26agi when I get a Last Laugh. I'd get mongoose but I hate the glow and can't stand proc enchants and have always been biased towards/hated mongoose anyway. 26agi will also level my mage's enchanting, so win/win.
daemonym
Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:07 am
i'm going to end up dropping potency for agility because being just barely under the block cap is taunting me.
Garath.Gorefiend
Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:50 am
I went with Accuracy for two reasons.

One:
I don't like proc based enchants, as they generally are not reliably up when you need them

Two:
The choice between potency (20 str) and Accuracy (25 Hit/25Crit)

Given my current gear etc, Accuracy simply wins in TPS generation.
Kracus
Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:01 pm
I have mongoose at the moment, just cause I never had it before but I'm going to go back to weapon chain for hit :\
Dorvan
Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:17 pm
Oh, fwiw I've had a change of heart on the matter. Personally I now favor going with 26 agi until you can reach block cap without it, then switching over to Mongoose. It's really a matter of personal preference, but I feel that you're getting more bang for your buck in terms of itemization from Mongoose than Potency.
Levantine
Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:59 pm
You're only saying that because it looks cooler.
amh
Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:35 am
Nothing wrong about looks >.>

Welcome to the dark side, Dorvan.
Gracerath
Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:23 am
I'm cheap. I'm using the weapon chain.
fuzzygeek
Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:12 am
My love for you is like a truck

Image