Skip to content
Maintankadin

[Compare] Cloak of the Enemy v Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions

dougmcdonald
Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:04 am

[Compare] Cloak of the Enemy v Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions

Hi there,

Using most of the pre-raid gearing guides, people seem to point to the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44188 as a good choice due to the rep being fairly quick to get and it having decent stats.

I recently also acquired http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37197 which seems near identical.

Simple comparison would provide the following difference:

Peaceful:
+1 defence rating

Enemy:
+5 armour
+2 stamina

I know this is obviously a tiny difference, but has anyone got any strong opinions on which is worth taking forward? Currently I'm siding toward the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37728 just because the +1 def seems like less use than a couple of hp and a tiny armour.

Anyone favour the other?
ulushnar
Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:13 am
Unless that 1 Defense rating's going to make you uncrittable then use whatever one you're happiest with.

The Wyrmrest's easier to get since anyone who does the Dragonblight quests will be honored with them easily.

I personally tend to wear the Wyrmrest cloak unless my defense is high enough to let me wear the Tattered Castle Drape (I am a BV whore).
dougmcdonald
Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:25 am
Yeah, I tend to agree with the castle drape for example.

How would you rate the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43565 vs both of the other options?

I'm aware of the loss of defence, but I'm running ~548 defence at the moment and could probably afford to get +12 def on bracers or +16 def on cloak, so theoretically wouldn't loose enough to become crittable.

The issue is that I do seem to be gaining a lot from defence at the moment, but not as much from dodge, an example would be my hammer of quiet mourning vs infantry assault blade. The increase in defence seems to negate the loss in dodge, so I'm not sure how best to asses the increase in dodge/stam/armour etc of the durable cloak vs just the plain defence of the blues...
ulushnar
Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:54 am
I found the Durable Nerubhide Cloak to be dissapointing overall.

I could probably get away with it if I wasn't wearing the [item]Keystone Greatring[/item], but for a 10-man-level tank, having two items without defense rating is too much. You end up sacrificing decent items/gems elsewhere for items with more +def to make up the minimum.
ulushnar
Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:55 am
Oh, and as for the option of 12 Def on bracers, remember we're getting a 40 stamina on bracers enchant next patch.
Palalaladin
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:54 am

Re: [Compare] Cloak of the Enemy v Cloak of Peaceful Resolut

dougmcdonald wrote:Hi there,

Using most of the pre-raid gearing guides, people seem to point to the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44188 as a good choice due to the rep being fairly quick to get and it having decent stats.

I recently also acquired http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37197 which seems near identical.

Simple comparison would provide the following difference:

Peaceful:
+1 defence rating

Enemy:
+5 armour
+2 stamina

I know this is obviously a tiny difference, but has anyone got any strong opinions on which is worth taking forward? Currently I'm siding toward the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37728 just because the +1 def seems like less use than a couple of hp and a tiny armour.

Anyone favour the other?


is it me or is your math way off? you also comparing 3 capes not 2
Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions
Binds when picked up
Back
140 Armor
+31 Strength
+64 Stamina
Requires Level 78
Requires The Wyrmrest Accord - Honored
Equip: Increases defense rating by 43 (10.12 @ L78).
Equip: Improves hit rating by 25 (0.88% @ L78)

Tattered Castle Drape
Binds when equipped
Back
145 Armor
+42 Strength
+66 Stamina
Requires Level 80
Equip: Increases defense rating by 29 (5.9 @ L80).
Equip: Increases the block value of your shield by 42.

Cloak of the Enemy
Binds when picked up
Back
145 Armor
+31 Strength
+66 Stamina
Requires Level 80
Equip: Increases defense rating by 42 (8.54 @ L80).
Equip: Improves hit rating by 25 (0.76% @ L80).

they all have almost same armour and stam, nothing to bother with really.
you have also 11str in favour of tattered
13, resp. 14 def against tattered
and you have pretty much useless hit compared to very nice BV.

if you can live without that def, i would strongly recommend tattered.
halabar
Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:25 am
I got the Durable Nerubhide Cloak and am using it in place of Peaceful, but after getting the T7.10 chest last night, I had to go back to Dabri's trink to get back to 540.

I forgot about the cape option, so I'll probably go back to Peaceful so I can use a stam trinket instead of the Dabri's trinket.

(Unless I can get the stupid defense trinket to drop in reg HoL).
Wolvar
Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:46 am
Peaceful is not +1, it's either +2 or +3 depending on your defense. Typically when folks are equipping blues and faction gear they are struggling to hit the defense minimum which is why the peaceful cloak is highly recommended.
ulushnar
Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:59 am
Wolvar wrote:Peaceful is not +1, it's either +2 or +3 depending on your defense. Typically when folks are equipping blues and faction gear they are struggling to hit the defense minimum which is why the peaceful cloak is highly recommended.


ummmmm.

Cloak of the Enemy has 42 Defense Rating.

Wyrmrest cloak has 43 Defense Rating.

43-42 is 1 defense rating difference...
Wolvar
Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:07 am
I recently also acquired http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37197 which seems near identical.


Woops, I read the above prior to his comparison and didn't realize he was talking about something else. :oops:
dougmcdonald
Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:31 am
My bad, I posted the tattered castle drape by mistake before I'd found the cloak of the enemy.

I think I will stick with the enemy for the time being but possibly change tonight as I'm only one heroic away from replacing http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41357 with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44183 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37735 with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39638 which leaves me needing to make up 40 defence to stay where I am, considering this is only ~2 defence it won't push me back to uncrittable, but may slide me toward spending the cash on the +16 def on peaceful for avoidance, and maybe slap an armour enchant on the enemy for more physical encounters.

Palalaladin you're right, if i can afford the def drop I would certainly go for the tattered, unfortunately I've yet to see it :P