Skip to content
Maintankadin

How much defense do I lose if....

Sinnegorth
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:05 pm

How much defense do I lose if....

Over the 540 limit? Wondering how much defense you will lose if you replace that gem or enchant?

Here's the ratio: 5 rating = roughly 1 point of defense.

So if you have a +16 defense gem and replace it with a +24 stamina, be prepared to lose about 3 defense.

If the rating on your bracers reads +25 defense - you are actually increasing your defense by +5.
Sinnegorth
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:35 pm
Sorry - posted in Advanced training because that's where I found the ratio posted by someone else. This is a solid ratio however and after reading a boatload of threads just to find it thought I might post it so I could come back and find it as needed. Shocked
Liquidfire
Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:28 pm
540 defense is approx 689 rating iirc this works out to ~4.9. . . rating per point of defense
_________________
Liquid-80-Mug'Thol-Confusadin
Martie
Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:09 pm
The exact number is slightly under 5, but 5 works well enough for figuring out how much skill you get or lose.

Now, in my opinion this thread has next to no reason to exist; the question is answered in the basic training stickies, and any tank not knowing this basic fact sorely needs to read those stickies.
_________________
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile