Skip to content
Maintankadin

Looking for advice on prioritizing Stam or Defense

Nagilum
Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:52 pm

Looking for advice on prioritizing Stam or Defense

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=Blessahoof

Right now I have a lot of Blue and Yellow slots that I'm trying to decide how to gem. I've been using a lot of Def/Stam gems. I haven't had any significant problems tanking any content yet, but I haven't really done much in 25 man Naxx. I am planning to drop engineering for JC within the next two days. I plan on picking up the crab to replace the commendation. I also will put one of the unique gems in my pants to match that red slot.

My general thought has been that defense>dodge for reaching the block cap, plus it spreads diminishing returns better. Stam is always good to build EH, and take bigger hits. I am somewhat comfortably over the 540 defense minimum. I know the general rule is, if you're dieing from spike damage, raise EH, and if you're dieing from healers going OOM, raise avoidance. Neither has been an issue for me, so I could use some guidance as to which one to raise more right now.
Majiben
Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:00 pm
Defense is about 25% better than dodge for reaching the block cap due the block chance in addition to avoidance.

Since you have neither issue with dying to brust nor running healers oom, I would suggest defense/avoidance. Here's the reasoning: If you take less incomming damage you need less healers meaning you can take fewer healers and more dps.
_________________
I reserve the right to refuse service to those that do not read the stickies.
Eanin
Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:29 pm
My basic theory is to stack defense until I reach the block cap, then stack stamina.
_________________