Skip to content
Maintankadin

is there a site that will let me.. (and some advice)

Kroda
Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:12 am

is there a site that will let me.. (and some advice)

import my current setup from the armory and let me fiddle with gems to see

1) if its possible to get block capped in my current gear using gems/enchants
2) how much hp I'd have to sacrifice to do that.

I'm currently sitting at 26.6k hp and 22.7 k armor. I haven't set foot in any heroics yet because I hate pugging and my friends are all still levelling up.

Are the avoidance numbers on the armory correct?

if so I'm currently at:

Defense: 543
Dodge: 18.45%
Parry: 15.31%
Block: 12.73 %
base miss: 5%
miss from def: 5.72%

that gives me a total avoidance of 57.2 or 87.2 with holy shield

I was planning on ignoring the block cap until I started doing heroics, but now with the changes to my helm i'll have an extra 5% from the meta and it seems a lot closer hehe.

It would mean dropping a ton of hp and I want to sandbox it before I go through the expense.

Is it worth doing? and how would you go about it with the gear in my armory?

my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Kroda

also, are there any good avoidance trinkets that are non-heroic? my buds are mostly high 70's so we can do the normal dungeons no problem.

any help would be appreciated!
_________________
Gamingdevil
Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Not sure if it works properly in wrath and with DR, but www.warcrafter.net should do what you want.
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Martie
Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:51 pm
I'm sure if you'd have just posted your armory, we'd have helped.
Edit: You did, I missed it. Lemme do some checking.

The meta gem adds block value, not rating if memory serves, but I could be thinking of the wrong one.

Regardless, you should count on needing something like 40 to 50 points of the various ratings per percent (No block rating enchants or gems that I know of.). So, you need 400-500 points of the stuff at least, and that's a lot to gem for.

Short answer after checking: With your current gear, forget about it, sorry.
_________________
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
Kroda
Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:02 pm
after playing around with rawr (thanks kp3t3houg!), I think you are correct.

I'll just wait to worry about it when I start getting gear from heroics and naxx 10
_________________