Skip to content
Maintankadin

New Pants, which to choose?

Thomasza
Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:15 am

New Pants, which to choose?

I currently have my 10man T7 tank pants, but tonight I won a greed roll for Legplates of Inescapable Death because the warrior I tank with didn't really want them, and I saw them as sort of a sidegrade. I've got the T7 gloves and chest as well, so my 2pc set bonus is already covered, but which one would you pick to use more regularly?

I'm past the defense minimum and all that, 27k unbuffed health, etc.
phaqueue
Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:34 am
can't check at work - but I'm pretty sure the T7 legs are more block oriented and the legs of I.D. are more avoidance oriented...

I would use both interchangeably... gem them to their strengths and use them as needed...

you could easily gem the t7 for more of an EH set - and the others for more avoidance... and use them based on what you need...

t7 is wonderful for trash and heroics... avoidance will be better for bosses generally (barring some cases)

always nice to have choices in tanking gear....
_________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" -Douglas Adams
Majiben
Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:46 am
They're both BR/BV legs.

I would take the ID ones for most boss fights because they have slightly more avoidance. In fact the ID are superior for BV too! Use the ID always unless you want the set bonus or the marginal threat from the teir legs.
_________________
I reserve the right to refuse service to those that do not read the stickies.
Thels
Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:26 am
Actually, T7 has more BV.

48 base
9 socket bonus
44.5 from strength

total 101.5 BV for T7

59 base
36.5 from strength

total 95.5 BV for ID

This of course assumes you socket them correctly, but with 2 blue sockets, who wouldn't?

The advantage of the ID is 14 more defense rating (8 more if you don't socket correctly).

Unless you actually need that 14 extra defense rating to get crit immune or block capped, I'd stick with the T7, as it'll be easier to keep the set bonus that way.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin