Skip to content
Maintankadin

Drakescale Collar vs Heritage

siffer
Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:48 pm

Drakescale Collar vs Heritage

heritage = http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40069

Drakescale Collar = http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44660#comments

Defense rating Minimum Actually im 544/540

26.6k Unbuffed HP

26% dodge
17.5% parry
18% block without holy shield
1.1k Block Value

What you guys think ? I just got killed Malygos and it drooped for me Should i get Drakescale or wait for heritage to drop in 25 man nax ?

What Lev said -Majiben
Levantine
Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:49 pm
It's a defense minimum. There is no such thing as a defense cap.
_________________

My hair is red ingame. Sad Stupid Magelo.
Unholly
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:25 pm
I dunno about the Drakescale one tbh. If you're at block cap the stats on it seem garbage, block rating and parry (which everyone seems to avoid) just don't seem as useful as the dodge and hit rating on other necks.

On the other hand ever gear list has it very high up so I'm probably wrong. I'm still undecided on getting that or the ret/holy versions.
_________________
Elsie
Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:21 am
heritage will probably prove to be significantly more avoidance later on when a lot of gear has parry rating.
Treck
Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:34 am
I got Heritage instead of the Drakescale.
IMO Heritage is better (With my stats BR falls of the table to ofthen and i personally try to aim for avoidance)
Altho the 25man questneck is imo best ingame.
Dont get the itemization on drakescolar tbh, parry is more of a DK stat, and then BR... and if they are making a "best in slot" questline, they should make sure its actually usefull for all classes.
_________________
"It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent."

Situational gear is... Situational.
Majiben
Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:44 am
Heritage will always have more avoidance than the drakescale and often have more stamina. Heritage is better itemized for heavy hitting bosses (not that too many of really heavy hitting bosses exist). The drake scale collar has a red slot and a lot of BR and str. Great for trash, heroics and bosses that have a smaller hit.
_________________
I reserve the right to refuse service to those that do not read the stickies.