Skip to content
Maintankadin

doubts on upgrades

maurok
Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:33 am

doubts on upgrades

to whom it may concearn, here´s MY ARMORY
I have two concearns:

1) yesterday I was called to main tank naxx 25 on a pug, and got a Breastplate of Tormented Rage, I was using the T7 (bought with emblems) one...
While this item seems to have better stats, it has taken me further from reaching the block cap since the block rating on T7 chest gives me more % than the greater dodge rating on the new chest. I even switched back to the BR trinket (instead of essence of gossamer). So, it seems to me that this new plate should be used together with a higher overall gear set.
Which one should I use

2) I got another 40 emblems, and there´s nothing that I really see as a upgrade to buy... any recommendations on that? maybe Waistguard of Living Iron instead of my Ancient Aligned Girdle? or the dodge trinket (although I´ve the JC/BR/Gossamer as excelent choices)?
Majiben
Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:48 am
25 man chest is a clear upgrade for boss tanking. That's a lot more avoidance and a decent chunk of stamina. Your T7 chest still makes an excellent heroics and loatheb chest though. The general rule of thumb is to the item with higher iLevel (some exceptions apply).

As far as belts go I prefer the AN drop a little more than the emblem one. You don't have a good avoidance trinket yet so I would consider the dodge trinket. That said if you're worried about being too far form the block cap (again nice but not needed) the BR trinket might suit you better.

Also never put your JC gems in colorless slots. You can use it to grab socket bonuses. I would personally switch the + 41 stam gem in your belt and put it in your JC trinket instead of the defense gem. Always enchant/gem to a piece's strength. The JC gem excels as a stam trinket not an avoidance one.

Naxx also drops several good BR cloaks that you are likely to pick up (many warriors haven't caught onto the value of BR yet).
_________________
I reserve the right to refuse service to those that do not read the stickies.