Skip to content
Maintankadin

I thought I had the gear for H VH

Discus
Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:07 am
Tried Violet Hold and Nexus Heroic over weekend as first heroics - had 22k armour/HP unbuffed - 536 defense. Guildies insisted I needed 24k HP unbuffed, I refered them here. I got hammered by firsr bosses, not even close.

I guess I'm still wearing too much level 70 gear despite above stats achievement through daunting gear and crafted titansteel - my avoidance is terribad.

Whats the minimum stats a Druid Healer needs to WoTLK heriocs?
Discus
Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:15 am
We gave up at the first boss - no accidental pulls just our healer couldnt keep me up through first boss who appeared to be hitting for about 9k mellee.

Both me and the healer are new 80s. I know, on paper at least, I have correct stats for heroics so I was wondering what a healer needs.
Discus
Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:20 am
Ah sorry, I forget the name of the boss we got in VH sorry - little guy. We wiped on him 'cos of not knowing mechanics. So we gave up and tried "easy" nexus" instead on heroic. It was the first boss in the nexus heroic that hit for 9k and made my guildies say "no, waste of time, the tanks not geared yet"

Hence I was trying to find out what min stats are for a healer in any heroic so I could blame someone else Laughing
kenshin648
Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:23 am
Link us your armory first and we may be able to judge that and if needed, give you some gear pointers.
_________________
Warning, sig may be out of date.

Discus
Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:46 am
As I said I'm at work so can't link armoury - Discus in Ghostlands EU.

I know my gear needs lots of work, just hit 80 on saturday and very casual player. But what I was really after was what healing stats are needed for heroics.
Explícít
Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:57 pm
my stats were similiar to yours and i had 17/15/10 i believe for avoidance and didn't have any probs tanking h nex, h vh, and h strat when i first hit 80. just make sure you don't have a lazy healer and keep sacred shield up on harder pulls and bosses if you don't have a pally healer, it helps, and some bosses just hit hard as hell, as for healing stats for heroics, what i got from the blizz forums under the healing role:
easiest heroic~1200sd-1700sd~hardest heroic
requires less crit~10% such as priests
requires more crit~20% such as pallies
mavfin
Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:24 pm
I did heroic UK this weekend with pally healer at 23K unbuffed, 22K armor, 550ish def. (using stam/def gems) Had ~42% total dodge/parry/miss, another 18% block, so I should have been taking more hits than you unless your avoidance is terribad. No real problems other than healer d/c'ed about 10 seconds into first boss pull. Splat! Came back in 2 minutes, was fine the rest of the way. I died on Ingvar, as I fat-fingered shield wall, but DPS finished him easily.

So, since I'm a warrior, and everyone's agreeing that pallies take less damage, you *should* be fine with a competent healer....
_________________
--Mav
regression
Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:39 am
I've been running heroics since 20k hp unbuffed, 22k armor and 540 defense. you'll get upgrades fast as many instances have at least 1 tank drop. I got two in strath I believe.

It can be done, you may indeed need to bring a better geared healer for the beginning, I was running with mostly guildie healers who were already heroic/10man geared.
Discus
Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:02 am
Yeah, thanks all - especially for the healing stats. I have most of the crafted BS epics I can make myself, except the titansteel boots.

My defense is now 541 unbuffed after being lucky enough to get the Seal of the Pantheon last night.

TBH I think I'm ready and our healer just needs to gear up a bit - we tried HoL normal last night and although it was fast and straightforward, the healer was going OOM a lot.
Playdoh
Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:14 am
I probably had 20K unbuffed HP, 540 defense, and 22K armor starting heroics.

The priests and druids I went with probably had the same gear as me.

We might have wiped on a couple of pulls, but it's more of a matter of learning how to do them rather than being geared to stand there and take everything the boss throws at you.

Tanks move out of the fire too.
_________________