Skip to content
Maintankadin

Where to go from here with badges?

regression
Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:09 pm

Where to go from here with badges?

Hi all, I have recently gotten into tanking heroics and have gotten quite a few upgrades. I am curious as to where to go from here. I've already gotten my Libram and my necklace.

I was considering saving up for new leggings or breastplate but then I came across the shield(http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40701)

I was thinking either the shield or belt(http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40689)

Any other ideas?

Here is a link to my armory for reference:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sen%27jin&n=Regression
azraelfrost
Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:52 pm
Get the Titansteel Shieldwall (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42508 - don't know how to post these fancy links) from your trusted Blacksmith and save the Badges for the belt. In my opinion that is more bang for your buck.
Holyday
Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:42 pm
I agree, that badge shield is fugly anyhow. Get the belt with badges and get a shield made for you. Or run strat and get a really cool looking shield from a really easy instance to run for a prot pally.
_________________
Taylia
Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:10 pm
The problem I'm having is that I have the Shield Wall, the Emblem belt, and the Emblem Necklace. I also have the Emblem Libram. And I'm wondering.. short of T7 Chest and Gloves, what else is there? Do I stock up and wait for 3.1?
Majiben
Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:13 pm
No reason not to buy the T7 chest and hands.
_________________
I reserve the right to refuse service to those that do not read the stickies.
Taylia
Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:18 pm
Save for the part where I don't like them and would prefer offset peices from Naxx.
Majiben
Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:35 pm
Have you actually taken a look at the T7 chest and hands? Even for someone who was set on being a weaker version of a warrior by avoiding block rating, the gloves would still be appealing (as would the shoulders). If it's an upgrade to your current gear there is no reason you shouldn't pick it up instead of waiting for a random drop and hoping that you're first in line to get it.

Have you seen the math on how well block rating scales? Even if you do get a chest upgrade later you will be able to use the T7 chest for great effect in farm content and heroics.
_________________
I reserve the right to refuse service to those that do not read the stickies.