Skip to content
Maintankadin

Which piece of Titansteel?

Ihasabucket
Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:44 am

Which piece of Titansteel?

So I've started gearing up for heroics and hopefully eventually some 10 man Naxxx. I got my hands on the mats to make any one piece of the Tempered Titansteel or the Shieldwall.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41387
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41392
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42508

I was just wondering what you guys thought would be the A) biggest current upgrade and B) what would most likely last me the longest. Just hit 80 a few days back so my gear isn't that amazing.

Here's my armory and thanks in advance!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Llane&n=Ihasabucket
HinataDestiny
Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:47 am
shield first than the other two it doesnt matter which...just whichever is a bigger upgrade for you
_________________
Hinata of Crit Happens - 80 - Arygos

Othersider
Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:22 am
It might help to note that the helm gets a huge buff in the next patch - meta and blue gem slot (+6 def bonus) for a huge chunk of stam.
azraelfrost
Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:10 am
Exactly the missing meta slot is the reason I would not pick up that helm. I would rather go with the one that drops in Gundrak heroic.

Hell, I was doing Naxx25 with Tempered Saronite Helmet as I didn't get anything dropped but I considered (and always will) the cost for the Titanium one way too high for not having a Meta.

I would get the shield as this is a pretty nice thing. (One more or less equal drops in CoT4 heroic.)
Thornir
Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:48 am
Othersider is right. The helm is getting a blue socket and a meta socket in the upcoming patch. This will boost it up CONSIDERABLY on my list of Gear-2-Get.
The boots from Wyrmrest Accord are easier to get than the titansteel, offer better def and HR (minus 35 stam), and are much cheaper.

If you find that this shield isn't dropping in CoT, you might wanna go the the Shield Wall next.
_________________
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir
Taylia
Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:21 am
To tell the truth I prefer the stats of the Shield Wall to the CoT Shield. It's a very solid sheild that can carry you a good long way if you let it.

I hadn't known about the buff to the helm.. that makes it very sexy indeed.
Danth
Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:35 am
I have all three since I'm a miner/blacksmith and made them for myself. The helm is a winged helm, which makes it appropriate for any Paladin. Pretty much every other helm you'll encounter looks more suited to a Warrior. That alone makes it worth having. As noted, it will see some improvements, too.

Strictly speaking, the shield gives you the most wiggle room on Defense, although I find myself using the shield from Stratholme anyway (largely because it has +hit--I hate missing).

The boots can be replaced by blues without too much loss. As such, consider them the lowest-priority piece.

Danth
_________________
Medivh server