Skip to content
Maintankadin

Profession Swap

Leanad
Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:48 am

Profession Swap

Right now I'm Mining/Alchemy (I can sell mining mats and buy alch mats and still make a profit). I am currently potion spec alch - but I haven't raided after patch 3.0 where they changed the potion cooldown.

Thus, my extra procs on potions aren't as profitable b/c no one needs 50 stacks of potions anymore.

Thus, I am contemplating switching professions. I doubt I'll be raiding again anytime soon other than when the 10 mans become as puggable as kara became after about 6-8 months. I'll have a lot of farming/heroic time on my hands, but am unsure if I should be changing professions:

Here are combinations I'm thinking of switching to:

Jewelcrafting/Enchanting - I can mine all the mats I need to power level jewelcrafting, thus giving my startup guild the JC they need, while farming for UD Strat for the mount and D/E the mats for gold. Plus I can enchant and gem my own gear.

Engineering/Enchanting - It kind of irritated me that I could never wear the googles from BC and was stuck with t4/t5 for a while.

Blacksmithing/Mining - I could farm my own Tempered Titansteel items, etc.

I am thinking about Enchanting/Inscription - sell my own enchants, but am unsure how profitable inscription is.

Here's my armory for the nosy peeps - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Leanad


EDIT - P.S. If I drop Alch, I lose the ability to use Indestructible Alchemist Stone as one of my trinkets, sniff, sniff, but if I pick up JC, I can replace with the crab thingy I think
_________________

daemonym
Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:26 am
since you already have mining leveled up i'd say keep that and snag JC. or if you like the perks that alch. gives you, switch your spec to elixir master. i see a friend of mine make several a day and always walks away with a few freebies of his own.
_________________