Skip to content
Maintankadin

Continue stacking defense?

DramaticBaby
Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:33 am

Continue stacking defense?

Hi

I have a little gearing/gemming problem.
I am still below the block cap with about 5% I think, and I got 557 defense last time I checked.

When I continue gearing up, should I still put def/stam gems in like everything to finally reach that almost unreachable cap (and get like 580 def or something?? Sad ), or should I focus on getting gear with a lot of block rating to gain some fast % ?

I still have the block rating libram from tbc, and I dont have a clue how I'm supposed to give that piece up and maintain block capped in the future.

I'm raiding Naxx 10 atm, can I get block capped at this lvl of raiding?

I'm glad for any gear advice you might have, because I'm out of ideas.


- Ferendil


EDIT: My armory
_________________
Claydon
Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:21 am
Pre-raiding i was well above the defence cap and thought that was the end of my worries. As i have geared up more through Naxx 10/25 my defence has taken a nose dive. If i was you i would keep your defence gems in place whenever you have a yellow/prismatic socket.

have a look at my armoury

can't link it but I'm on EU Kazzak toon name is Krapow


most of it is Naxx gear and with every upgrade my defence gets worse. currently sitting on 540

got the skeletal ribcage and shield last night!!

edit: I am however sitting at 108.nn% so well over the blockcap
_________________
kp3t3houg
Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:33 am
@trellian
you are arround 3-4 % away from 102.4 , without any buffs and debufs in raid ofc
_________________
OntetheProt
Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:17 am
I think just be patient and get the gear that comes to you. That is the strat I have had and it has worked out well. Initially I was was in the same position as you, I started to get upgrades and couldn't wear them cuz it put me below the minimum 540 defense. But it will even out eventually.

Currently I am sitting at 555 def, and 113% avoidance with HS up. I still have unchanted Saronite blue bracers, and a level 70 trink.
_________________
80 - 5/60/6 - Stonemaul
Majiben
Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:40 pm
At 690 defense rating you will gain about 4.1% out of 5.6%. At 810 defense rating you will gain 4.6% out of 6.6%.

A 2% lose in miss is a good estimate and 3-3.5% is excessive.
_________________
I reserve the right to refuse service to those that do not read the stickies.
DramaticBaby
Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:44 pm
Ok, so basically I am just gonna sit and wait for the drops, and the block cap will come automatically, got it Smile

@ some poster
I wont wait fro the BR shoulders from Gundrak anymore since the epic shoulders from Patchwerk dropped last night Smile

And btw, does Tankadin really show the correct value in miss, currectly it says 11.48%, seems a bit high to me
_________________