Skip to content
Maintankadin

Durable Nerubhide Cloak

phaqueue
Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:39 pm

Durable Nerubhide Cloak

Just picked this up a little while back - because I was able to get to defense min without the defense to cloak... so I wanted to get the extra avoidance...

Then came the conundrum of what to enchant it with...

Currently I have 16 def on it - but I'm wondering if there's anything better... tried browsing the enchants thread... saw the armor listed about 16 def - I"m just wondering what people think is the best enchant for this cloak...

thanks!
_________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" -Douglas Adams
Macktruck
Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:57 pm
There is 225 armor to cloak as an arguable equivalent.

However, basic rule of thumb is to enchant for defense when applicable and gem for stam.

In gems, stam is always 150% vs defense. 8 def / 12 stam. 16 def vs 24 stam. So for something like bracers, 12 def > 12 stam. For cloak, there is dodge, armor, and defense. You'll find that pretty much the majority of tanks go for the 16 def.
_________________
phaqueue
Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:55 am
This is just what I was looking for - thanks!

just that I usually try to enchant to strengths... and it felt weird enchanting defense on an item with none on it already...

makes more sense when there is nothing better tho - thanks!
_________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" -Douglas Adams
Lythac
Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:11 am
I seem to remember reading somewhere that +22agi will give more avoidance than the +16def although +16def gives more avoidance+block.

If you're block capped - 225armor or 22agi
If you're not block capped - 16def
If you need def minimum - 16def
_________________
phaqueue
Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:07 am
seems like a plan to me... I'm gunna do a little playing around with the gems and such in my gear to see if I can't squeeze out a little more stam/avoidance... also gunna have to make some changes when I craft my Titanium Earthguard Ring...

haven't been able to find the armor kit/enchant yet... it is an enchanting pattern correct?
(at work and can't double check wowhead)
_________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" -Douglas Adams