Skip to content
Maintankadin

My Gear Plan. Any advice?

Xeyn
Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:46 am

My Gear Plan. Any advice?

I just started running heroics, etc. And I have about 20 badges.

My current gear is on WoW armory Here

This is my plan for gear. Once I get these pieces, I will enchant them.

Ground Tremor Helm from Gundrak (Heroic)
Bolstered Legplates from Violet Hold Heroic Cyanigosa
Badge T7 Chest from 80 badges
Unsmashable Heavy Band from heroic Utgarde Keep
Keystone Great-Ring from Dark'tharon Keep Heroic
Royal Crest of Lordaeron from H Strat past
Block Trinket from Violet Hold
Waistguard of Living Iron from Heroic Badge x 40
Bracers of the Herald from Old Kingdom Heroic Volazj
Red Sword of Courage from H UP

In the belt slot, I also got Skadi's Iron Belt available. Should I go for the badge belt or wear that instead?

Also, should I go for T7 hands as well as the chest? And when should I get the libram of obstruction?

I'm going to eventually hopefully get all of it before naxx, but what should I get first? Is there anything I should get instead?
kenshin648
Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:37 pm
You should probably grab the libram before anything else, if possible.
_________________
Warning, sig may be out of date.

daemonym
Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:18 pm
don't be too concearned with the block trinket from VH. it's definately awesome if you get it, but you can only do it once a day, need that specific boss to spawn and drop that specific item. can't check your armory atm, but i'd suggest a defense or stam trinket in your second slot, whichever you don't have already. also, i'd suggest the arcane shielded helm from heroic nexus, great avoidance and meta spot.

as for gloves, i'd wait fro either the kirin tor rep ones or try and buy the refined ore gloves, great stats and block rating on them. and definitely get the belt from emblems. as to what you should get first with emblems, upgrade your weakest item and go from there. for me it was my neck spot that was replaced by the military gorget and my next purchase will be the belt to replace my saronite one.
_________________
phaqueue
Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:15 pm
I would suggest the T7 gloves... but not for a bit...you want to make sure you can hit the defense min even with the T7 pieces equipped (they have much lower def than a lot of heroic gear does)

IMO - you would definitely want the 2-piece bonus however... can never argue with more damage on Hammer - especially since it will help you easily hold threat on 3-pulls (which seem to be most abundant in heroics)

I picked up the Kirin tor exalted gloves... then had the heroic (gundrak I think) ones drop - then bought the T7 like 3 days later... (ugh)

also - if you are wanting avoidance... the nerubhide cape is nice when you can afford it - if you can hit defense min without your cape slot...

(easy to check... unequip cape - still at defense min? you're good to go)

if you do pick up the nerubhide... I would recommend keeping around a cape with defense on it as well - for those times when you are switching around gear and need the defense from that slot
_________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" -Douglas Adams
Claydon
Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:39 am
Skadi's belt is pretty awesome, i had it for a long time into Naxx and the belt that i have now was only a slight upgrade.

I would put the badge belt near the bottom of the pile if you have skadi's
_________________