Skip to content
Maintankadin

Advice on Tanking and Gear.

D7
Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:41 am

Advice on Tanking and Gear.

Hey there people,

I am new to the Maintankadin forums, (so a big hello to everyone Smile ) and also new to the whole paladin tanking, probably been about 2 weeks at it.

Basically, as more of my guildies get to lvl 80, we are hoping to start heroics this week. I was just wondering if the fine people on here could take a look over my gear/enchants/spec and suggest any recommended upgrades or move a few points here and there on spec, basically "Am i heading in the right sort of direction?".

I have done a couple of heroics but they have been PuGs whilst waiting for guildies to level. Im not really to comfortable doing PuGs as I seem to get the majority of (rude/ninja/triggerhappy) players Sad which has kind of dampened my tanking experience.

If any kind person could maybe list a few good heroics to start off with, it would be most appreciated.

To check my armory, either click the link below or my sig.

Click here - To view my Armory
_________________
amh
Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:06 am
A fellow tankadin scribe o.O I don´t think there are that many of us out there .)

Your spec is awesome for 5/10mans, nothing to worry about there. As for easy heroics, start off with Drak´Tharon Keep. It´s probably one of the few heroics where cc is completely useless, so much fun.

Last boss also drops this ring which would do you nicely. I see you´ve already done it, but keep farming; the ring drops all the time!

Violet Hold is another very enjoyable and easy heroic. As long as you don´t wipe the entire instance is done in 25 minutes. Notable drops:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37872
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43500

Gear / enchants:
Slap 20 defense-rating on that shield, and try to get 12 defense-rating on the bracers. That will free up a trinket-slot. Fill that slot with this overpowered monster of a trinket from Azjol´Nerub

Edit: I say "try" to get the bracer-enchant because it´s pretty much impossible. TBC-enchant, rare drop. I know two people on the server that can do it >.>
_________________
Kieras <- armory
Proud cook of Savory Deviate Delight
Thels
Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:50 am
I myself started out with Heroic UP and CoT, for the sword and shield upgrades, which are mayor. Luckily for me the Sword dropped the first run and the Shield dropped the third run. Legs from VH also dropped the 2nd run, and I had already picked up the trinket during one of those runs without recognizing it's value at that time Razz

Don't forget to equip the Wyrmrest tabard until you hit revered (three decent blue tanking items), and then swap to Argent Crusade for the head enchant. When you got that, you might want to go Kirin Tor for the gloves, though by the time you reach exalted, you might have gotten yourself a better pair.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin