Skip to content
Maintankadin

Block Capping

Holyfuri
Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:12 am

Block Capping

I have a question on stat balancing with regards to block capping.

First off, I have been playing with some enchants/gems, so the armory might not show me in perfect gear.

I am about half geared from raids as well as some badge/heroic gear. I still have a blue helm, blue bracers, and my BC stam trinket however.

My question is this. As I have been getting more upgrades, I have primarily ensured that I maintain the defense cap. Through my upgrades my stamina, dodge, parry, and armor have steadily rose. On the downside my block rating has hardly moved, as well as my block value. Because of this I am still quite a ways away from being block capped (in recent typical gear I believe it's around 90%).

Up to this point I have kept all of my block gear I recieved and can get up to about 97% with all block gear along with about 300 extra block value, but my health and avoidance take a pretty large hit. I honestly haven't tried to focus on being block capped yet, as I figured as long as I have some block gear with me I can get there when the gear comes.

This has basically been my strategy for gearing thus far, and am curious about how much I could sacrafice to get close to the block cap. As of right now our healers really don't have any trouble keeping me up, and maybe it's a bleedover from my BC raiding days, but it hurts to drop that much avoidance just to get block capped.
_________________
Majiben
Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:31 am
Please keep block capping discussion in this thread.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus