Skip to content
Maintankadin

Valor Medal of the First War

Paloo
Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:38 am

Valor Medal of the First War

Hello Tankadins

Basically my question is, should I get the Badge Trinket, or not?

Situation is the following: At the moment I am using dual stam trinkets (EoG + JC crab, Armory for reference). I am doing heroic Violet Hold almost every day for the Lavantor block trinket, but usually I only get to see Lavantor once a week, and if I finally do, he drops some crappy boots. It's getting frustrating and I am really starting to hate that instance with a passion.

I have enough badges to buy the trinket available... so yeah, do you think it's worth getting it until I finally get my hands on Lavantor's trinket or maybe Repelling Charge, or should I just stick with the dual stam bombs until I get lucky (considering my equip at the moment)?

Opinons please Smile
trellian
Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:48 am
It's Moroes' Pocketwatch^2.

Imho it should not be absent in any tanks' bags. Wether you use it or not is offcourse situational.

For me (not a JC) it was the very first thing I bought with emblems. Next and only other thing was the necklace.
_________________
Sytaena
amh
Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:59 am
/point at trellian's libram ^.^

I can't see anything else you could replace with badge-gear, so yeah, why not?
_________________
Kieras <- armory
Proud cook of Savory Deviate Delight
Paloo
Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:39 am
Thanks for the opinions, just bought the Valor Medal now. Maybe I need to specify a bit: Would you use Valor Medal over EoG for heroics and 10/25 man raids (in general, with my gear)?
Metheoro
Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:27 am
really is not that good, its liks a 5% more dodge prolly a bit more
_________________
daemonym
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:17 am
i've always gone with 1 stam trinket and 1 avoidance on use when possible. myself more often than not i'm running with the JC monarch crab and when i am questing i'll use a BV trinket, otherwise i was using a defense one until i got lev's talisman. but once i get my medal i'll be using the jc crab and it nigh indefinitely.
_________________
Daenerys
Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:12 pm
I'm having the same dilemma. I think it would be useful in certain situations, but it looks like it would add a lot less dodge than 5% because I'm already at 23%. Whereas Lavanthor's would add a lot to my overall avoidance. I'm having terribly shitty luck on Lavanthor, though.
_________________


**Currently 0/20 on Lavanthor's Talisman.
Celestira
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:12 pm
I'm pretty iffy on the badge trinket. It just seems diminishing returns just kill it. There's probably places where I'd use it once in a while, but right now I'd just stick with Crab + EoG.

My Armory, for reference.
Petrus
Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:23 am
I'm trying to get to a point where I can drop Repelling Charge for the badge trinket. It's so powerful and at my amount of dodge it adds about 1.6% (still nothing to cough at). My gear is just so dependent on the Charge for 540 that I can't get rid of it yet.
_________________