Skip to content
Maintankadin

Trinket choices...

phaqueue
Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:28 am

Trinket choices...

Quick trinket question...

Just looking for some advice here from some more experienced tankadins...

Not able to link armory (stuck at work...)

but my toon is Phaqueue on Magtheridon-US

I just picked up the Epic Defense trinket from Thaddius in Naxx-10 (Repelling Charm I want to say)

Have a Lavanthor's Talisman and Essence of Gossamer currently equipped... the question is this... would people suggest regemming/swapping around gear to make up the stam from the EoG and swapping in the Def trinket with the Health use effect?

I plan to be able to still switch back if really needed for more HP (fights like maexxna come to mind) but it seems that the defense trinket and use effect are a big effect...

thoughts?

sry for no links... if absolutely necessary I can edit them in when I get home (should I remember...)
_________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" -Douglas Adams
amh
Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:05 am
The question is, what would you lose to make up for the lost health? I don't think you should drop any avoidance, but I'm biased :/

Might be an idea to swap it the other way around. I suspect equipping Repelling Charge will keep you block-capped. You'll gain a bit of avoidance through stacking defense, but you might take more overall damage, at least if you were chain-using the block-trinket. But you get that nifty panic-button from the Repelling Charge, without having to regem like a madman.


Reference:
Your armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=Phaqueue
Repelling Charge: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39292
Lavanthor: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37872
Essence of Gossamer: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37220[/url]
_________________
Kieras <- armory
Proud cook of Savory Deviate Delight