Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gear Upgrade Advice Help - from Heroics to Naxx

Sartor
Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:00 am

Gear Upgrade Advice Help - from Heroics to Naxx

Hi all

Since I dinged a couple of days ago level 80 and started some heroics, I am still at 517 defense - far from being crit caped for both heroics and naxx.

So I reviewed wowhead and atlastloot for upgrades and I came up with the following list:

Trinket: Seal of the Pantheon (from Normal or Heroic HoL) replace for Coren's Lucky Coin.

Gloves: Horn-Tipped Gauntlets (Heroic GunDrak) replace for Gauntlets of Vigilance

Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Colossus (Heroic GunDrak) replace for Spaulders of the Thalassian Defender

Boots: Terrace Defence Boots (Drak'Tharon Keep Heroic) or the ones from Normal Strat but since no one goes normal instances anymore I am more inclined to go for heroic ones. Replacement for T6.

Belt: Skadi's Iron Belt (from Heroic Utgarde Pinnacle) replacement for Girdle of Mighty Resolve.

Shield: Royal Crest of Lordaeron (Heroic CoT: Strat) replacement for Sword Breaker's Bulwark.

So any advices on upgrades? Should you see any other item more suitable for other slots, please tell me.

My current tanking stats are:

Health: 20 754 UNBUFFED
Armor: 20 038 W/O DEVOTION AURA
Defense: 517
Dodge: 19.61%
Parry: 14.7%
Block: 13.58%
Block Value: 1 304
_________________
Sartor
Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:53 am
Well, tbh I still think the royal crest is better option....
_________________
daemonym
Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:22 pm
don't forget the daunting and saronite pieces. the saronite ones work if you need some more defense in that spot in a pinch but get replaced rather easily, but the daunting ones are amazing. also check out the bracers from normal utgarde pinicle svala's bloody shackles or something like that, they're quite good but less def than the saronite ones i believe. also don't forget the TBC shoulder and head enchants if you don't have the rep for the new ones, they still work just fine.
_________________