When I see something like:
Loatheb hits you for 1 (XXXX Blocked)....I facepalm.
In any case, there are a LOT of BR/BV pieces out there. IIRC, there's one for every slot, except you only get 1 BV Trinket from H HV. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any rings. But it's possible to reach over 3k BV. Avoidance is a massive gamble. You may have 60% pure avoidance, and pretty much you're going to avoid a lot of attacks, but there might be one day where that RNG allows you to be hit every attack and not avoid a single one. This is very unlikely and would be extremely rare, but higher amounts of BV does help in this regard.
In a fight like PW where he hits very hard and very fast, as a MT, it's best to stack BV so as to guarantee that your dmg taken will be reduced. For somebody like Sapphiron or Malygos, it's best to stack avoidance as they're slow, harder hitting bosses.
_________________
