Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tempered Titansteel Helm to get a gem socket?

anrke
Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:14 pm

Tempered Titansteel Helm to get a gem socket?

Tempered Titansteel Helm

One of the comments on Wowhead for this item is referencing a post on WoW US forums stating the helm is to get gem socket(s) added to it in 3.08

I had a quick look at home, but couldn't find any official reference to this. Am now at work, and limited to what sites I can visit.. but has anybody else heard this or seen it mentioned anywhere?

I've just hit 80 recently, and was originally only planning on getting the Titansteel shield.. however if this helm was to get a gem socket or two to actually bring it above the quality of a couple blues, I would definitely consider it also!
Hunterp
Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:32 pm
It's now packing a blue and a meta socket.
fuzzygeek
Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:56 pm
Wow. That can't be itemized correctly. A meta+blue socket?

255 stam on a hat?

Yeesh.
_________________
inferno
Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:41 pm
when is it meant to be added
_________________
ínférnó - Kil'Rogg - Lvl 62
KysenMurrin
Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:48 pm
Suddenly that helm sounds tempting. Those slots could be good for stacking a bit of def and avoidance on it, since it's already stam-heavy. Def meta + 27 Dodge prismatic, maybe. Meh, probably not worth it.
_________________
Kelarik
Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:11 pm
I'm getting this helm before more people know about the change and skyrocket the price... Only then will I be able to drop Engineering and lose my goggles without cringing at taking a hit in downgrading (haven't gotten the T7.10 helm yet)
_________________
The Path of Light was a simple choice when deciding which academy to join. With proper lighting you can get a good reflection from any body of water. An elf has to keep his hair in check, after all.
Veilan
Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:56 pm
Interesting. I will force my raid's co-tank, who happens to be my blacksmithing slave, to make one for me.
_________________
hoho
Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:59 am
Comparing it to other similar helms I think it might have its other stats left as they are. Most ilvl200 helms have about as much defense and 111 stam but they also have a few other stats +meta +regular socket.
Kroda
Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:12 am
did some digging on the forums and found this

Plate Helm, 1821 Armor, +61 Strength, +162 Stamina, Meta/Blue Sockets, Bonus: +6 Defense, +46 Defence

so it looks like the stats stay the same and we get the sockets!
_________________