Skip to content
Maintankadin

Pre Raid chest

Agamemnoch
Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:43 pm

Pre Raid chest

OK

I'm thinking that the HoS chest is significantly better than the wyrmrest one, having looked at both. I can get more hit than expertise as well as more health from the sun emblazoned chest, however RNG is random, so should I break my back running HoS? (How hard is it? I have never gone there at all).

My other gear is a work in progress.

If I get the chest from the drop, I was going to put an enduring forest emerald in it., btw.
_________________

Armory Link Above
fuzzygeek
Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:58 pm
Wyrmrest has the advantage of not being RNG dependent; there's a decent pre-raid tanking cloak available via Wyrmrest as well, so you might as well build rep with them.

HoS is a silly instance and ranks probably 3rd from the bottom in my personal ranking.

You'd probably be fine with the Wyrmrest chest until you can pick up a T7 variant via drops or badges, to be honest.
_________________
Agamemnoch
Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:59 am
Well, I tried running H HoS and the pug was made of fail. We had a lock running out with his succi and could not keep her on a leash, so she kept pulling adds.

We had a healer who had no idea about LoS and also stood still, saying nothing, as I was being swarmed by mobs and he was taking spell damage (no vent on the pug), and died before I could get to him (2 hits or so).

He left, I bubble hearthed and then proceeded to dominate a H VH and get my lavanthor trinket as well as the water revenant gloves.

I then got enough rep to get the wyrmrest boots and chest and then did H CoT, which had been my bane, and got to the special boss with time to spare. We were rocking out so hard we had to wait for Arthas to show up at the town hall.

Meathook was down in a minute, Fleshcrafter slightly longer, and it was just a zerg.

1 Holy Pally
1 Ret Pally
1 Prot Pally (Me)
1 Boomkin
1 Elemental Shammy

The fights were short, my health never dropped too low too often (If it did, I bubblewalled and kept fighting).

And, let me just say, the Lavanthor Talisman + 2 ranks of "Shield to the face" is pure win Smile
_________________

Armory Link Above
Belloc
Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:53 am
If you're looking for a defense chest, pre-raid, then get the quest reward from normal Utgarde Pinnacle. You're guaranteed to get it and it lasted me until I got my tier 7 piece from badges.
_________________
Belloc
daemonym
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:13 am
i managed to pick up a ziggurat chest piece thing, can't remember spelling at all, from heroic drak'tharon. put a +def enchant on it and it's very nice avoidance, and far better than saronite. that instance as a whole is fairly straight forward, only demanding fight is the dino boss king dred, if you don't have a boat load of HP and a healer thats been 80 more than a week, he'll probably turn you into nom.

but who cares? you can just skip him anyways! also last boss is fun as hell to fight too ^^
_________________
Agamemnoch
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:45 am
I just replaced that chest, and it was good. I now have the wyrmrest one and will get T7 soon enough, but probably after I get the new libram.
_________________

Armory Link Above
Spectrum
Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:30 am
I had the Wyrmrest and replaced it with the Ziggaraut one from DK. I wasn't really expecting it to drop, but it did and it was a slight upgrade.

Of course I just got the T7 chest via badges (skipping gloves because I should have the KT ones through rep very soon anyway). I've been doing raids for a while now with no problem. VoA, OS, and Naxx don't really require you be totally maxed.

In short, if it's at least as good as the Wyrmrest chest, you're fine.
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.