Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Pinacle of all Current Gear

Joanadark
Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:27 am

The Pinacle of all Current Gear

As a little bit of a thought experiment, I went into wowhead and put together a gear-set of the best available gear for tankadins in the game currently.

The big post with the details on it I'll be throwing out on the forums soon, but i thought I'd share a few little tidbits.

The unbuffed stats of a human Paladin in the gearset I came up with, assuming a standard 0/49/12 spec are:

Uncrittable
Uncrushable

HP- 15355
MP- 4658
Block Value- 617 (998 trinketed)
Armor- 19413 (22493 with proc)

Dodge- 13.52%
Parry- 13.89%
Block- 20.86%

Spell Damage- 583
Spell Hit- 36
Spell Crit- 34
Melee Hit- 18
_________________
Tanking setup:
http://ctprofiles.net/4325913
Lore
Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:58 am
Yeah... you would need something like 18.8 miss for that setup to be uncrushable, and that's with the holy shield libram (which would hopefully be replaced by the block value libram in the "best" tanking gear).
_________________
Me, LOL!
Ownopotamus
Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:01 am
13.52% dodge? Wtf??
_________________
Baelor
Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:02 am
I'm gonna wait until Joana puts up the "big post" to say anything. I want to see what gear she is considering in this.
_________________
GM of <Adaptation>
Stats below usually unbuffed w/o Devo Aura

1617 heal, 118 mp5, & 14.24% crit heal set
Mortehl
Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:05 am
Heh. Last night I was running in gear that had me at 16k armor 20.3k raid buffed HP (with a nightmare seed fired off), under 8k hp and 623 +spell (with totem).

Been giving a lot (read ALOT) of thought on our gear lately. I think I'll make a post about it tonight when I can log back into wow and duplicate with screen shots. (PS: <3 mace)
_________________
Agravaine
Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:20 am
Er, what libram is that using, cause you could ditch about 5% block rating to get more "stuff." Also, I'm not convinced that Autoblocker?, which I'm inferring you are using for your set up is the best trinket.
Joanadark
Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:38 am
This is not an Avoidance gear set. Neither is it a max-Effective Health set. It is intended as a baseline, balanced distribution of stats without any particular bias towards any specific focus.

This is also not intended as a demonstration of what the “best” piece is for each individual slot, or as a definitive “how you should gem/enchant”. That was not how the gear list was chosen, nor is it completely representative of what the most powerful option is for each type of gear.
It is intended merely as an example of a gear set that works. It is balanced, and designed to have an emphasis on the Paladin’s major strengths when tanking. It is consistent with its self.

Look at the total stats created by this gear set, rather than so much the individual pieces. They are listed for the sake of showing my work.


Head-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32521
Neck-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30007
Shoulders-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30998
Chest-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30991
Wrists-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32279
Hands-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30985
Waist-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32342
Legs-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32263
Feet-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32245
Ring-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29296
Ring-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29297
Trinket-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29387
Trinket-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31858
Weapon-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30910
Shield-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32375
Relic-
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32368



Ill add in gems and enchants after i finish eating lunch.
_________________
Tanking setup:
http://ctprofiles.net/4325913