Skip to content
Maintankadin

Next badge upgrade neck or belt?

gummyrabbit
Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:25 am

Next badge upgrade neck or belt?

I'm wondering which item I should upgrade next....the neck or the belt. To me the neck seems a bigger upgrade. Also any comments on my enchants/gems are welcome.

p.s. I'm still farming for better rings and for the epic sword from Pinnacle.

Here's my armory...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kargath&n=Madina
Nognoma
Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:40 am
Honeslty I would say belt, probably all around best upgrade for you.

If you looking for a bit more avoidance you can run heroic strat for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37689 place is easymode for us to tank.
Igrado
Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:45 pm
I ran your numbers through harlekin's Dodge vs Defense Calculator using +16 Dodge Rating Gem. Here are the numbers:

Currently
736 Defense Rating
19 Parry Rating
143 Dodge Rating
112 Agility


Neck Change
+5 Defense Rating
+32 Dodge Rating
(21.68 Total Avoidance (+.71))
+12 Stamina


Waist Changes
+2 Defense Rating
+32 Parry Rating
+8 Dodge Rating
(21.66 Total Avoidance (+.69))
+1 Stamina
+43 Armor


TL;DR
You are looking at inSANEly similar Upgrades here. In this situation, I would make your choice based on the likely hood of receiving comparable upgrades from other sources. Since a glance over my personal loot listings (my gear situation is fairly similar to yours) shows no other upgrades before Naxx-10/25, that doesn't help the decision.

Based on the fact that the necklace uses Dodge, rather than Parry, to upgrade your Avoidance, and also has the additional Stam boost. I'm tempted to say to get that. However, I'm going to recommend the Waistguard of Living Iron as your choice. The reason I say that is, you can get a belt buckle and gem put on the Waist piece. Yes, this may require a small monetary investment, but there's almost no time investment required, and this belt will be with you through part or all of T-7 (randomn loot is randomn) so it's a wise investment to make and there is not reason to put off this opportunity to increase your stats.

TL;DR
get the belt Waistguard of Living Iron and put a buckle on it.
_________________