Skip to content
Maintankadin

Am I ready for Heroics?

Pelios
Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:27 am

Am I ready for Heroics?

http://armorylite.com/us/WildHammer/Pelios

Hello, first post and I really need some questions answered.

I've read the "Are you ready for Heroics/Naxx" sticky and got the info that i need 20k hp 20k armor and 540 defense, but it seems as if when i run Heroics that Im not doing something correct, or my healer blows it's quite hard to distinguish the two. i follow the 969 pattern, i use flasks/potions, but it seems that my healer is saying that im getting hit far too hard.

So,

1. What are the easiest heroics to run with my gear.
2. What am I doing wrong. If anything.
3. What pieces of gear do I need to upgrade FIRST.

Thank you so much in advance guys/gals.
gummyrabbit
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:06 am
1) Enchants are your friend.
2) Crowd control is your friend.

Easiest heroics - Nexus, Gundrak, CoT
Veilan
Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:16 pm
I'd say Nexus, Stratholme, Utgarde Keep.

Gundrak I found pretty tough.
_________________
Fedaykin98
Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:28 pm
I agree that Nexus and Utgarde Keep are the easiest. Old Strat isn't super hard, but you do need to be on your toes with your ability to grab a whole bunch of mobs coming from different directions, etc.

I can't see your gear from where I am, but I agree that 20k unbuffed is enough hp. I started running stuff with just a tad under 535 Defense, and I think it was fine.

Again, can't see your gear, but I replaced nearly all my epics with rep gear and Tempered Saronite crafted blues. I'm reading that the Dauntless crafted pieces are possibly better in their slots, if you really need Defense.

Keep in mind that your healer is probably tossing smaller (as a % of your hp) heals than he is used to from BC, too - it may not all be you. Y'all are both still gearing up, and you're probably used to laughing at heroics. Most of us have gone from being overgeared to gearing up, and it's an experience we had kind of forgotten.
_________________
xstrykr
Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:36 pm
Your health is pretty low in order to tank effectively, though you're close. Enchants will help.

1. Get to revered w/ Argent Crusade and get their Arcanum.
2. Ditto Wyrmrest for their Cloak and Chest.
3. Find other rep rewards that you can use - those would be the easiest upgrades in terms of investment. If however you find yourself doing an instance and something that you can use drops, by all means, use it.

As far as which heroics to run, Nexus, Utgarde Keep and Strat for sure. With your gear level, the mid-level heroics - Drak'Theron Keep, Violet Hold, and Gundrak - will be pretty challenging. The rest can be pretty tough, so until you've got a comfortable HP pool, I'd only go in them if you trust your healer and group.

IMO, the hardest items to find upgrades for are belt, bracers and trinkets. But you've got the trinkets covered pretty well for now - and there's really only two better belt options for you, one being the badge belt. So that should be a good place to start looking for upgrades.

Look in this thread for a pretty comprehensive list of items of use... try and see what's near the top half of the rare items or last one or two of the epic items for each slot. Those are generally pretty attainable items for the gear level.
_________________

Me: 15/15 Naxx-10, Arch-10, Sarth+0-10, Arch-25
Pelios
Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:36 pm
thank you so much that helps alot