Skip to content
Maintankadin

When did you replace you Tankatronic Goggles?

Jobalq
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:56 am

When did you replace you Tankatronic Goggles?

Hi,

Actually i am level 74 and 372 Engineer and still using my Tankatronic Goggles since i have not found a nice replace for them.

Before i start the leveling of Engineering for the upgrade of the goggles i would like to ask what did you do to yours?

Did you upgraded directly to the

Armored Titanium goggles or tried Tempered Saronite Helm?

I would like to know your personal history.

Thanks
_________________

"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword". - Joanadark.
vya
Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:20 am
I wore my goggles until I made the new ones at around 78 or so. Even through there were blues available that would have been slight upgrades, I didn't want to miss out on mote farming while leveling.

Of course, you could tinker a set of spynoculars onto your belt for that.
Veilan
Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:34 am
Wore them til I got the normal oculus helmet. Then went and dropped engineering for jewelcrafting.
_________________
daemonym
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:47 am
at 70, on release when i dropped engineering for JC ^^
_________________
Fedaykin98
Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:32 pm
I haven't tried skilling up Engineering because it seems to be a ton of money for a disappointing result.

I wore my goggles right up until 80, and then realized how far short on Defense I was, so I threw on some quest reward that I had gotten along the way that had tons of Defense on it.

Keep your eyes open for any item that has more Defense than the item you're currently using. You don't have to equip it immediately if it is lackluster in other areas, but keep it around.
_________________
Taragor
Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:14 pm
I made mine at 74/75 as I had enough money to get the frozen orb, and I was mining so the titanium wasn't an issue. I used the defense meta gem and another defense gem in the yellow slot to get the slot buff. I am very happy although as I hit 80, finding a way to maintain the 3 gems required for the meta gem have been a bit rough. I added a gem to my belt since we can gem those, and have a gem slot on a the crafted JC defense ring that a friend made me. All in all I do not see why people are ripping the Tanking Goggles...yes it is one of the only reasons to have engineering (although the sonic booster trinket that gives +81 stamina were very nice to have until I upgraded one of them with the +111 stam trinket from AN. All in all the goggles are very nice, and I have yet to see anything better in my heroic runs. I have not done Naxx yet, but if I get something better then I would obviously replace them. For now and for 6 levels, they did an amazing job.
_________________
Digren
Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:28 pm
I got but did not use the Helm of the Ley Guardian, and replaced my Tankatronic directly with the Armored Titanium Goggles. This was not until 80 when I finally finished engineering. (Skillup to 450 was with the goggles.)

I hope to not replace them for quite some time.
_________________
Paladin of the Argent Dawn since 2004
Ewige
Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:31 pm
Same day I made it :_(

Got a much better helm from 10 man horsemangs, now waiting for t7.5

Still use it to gather clouds and making a lot of money from it. At least I'll have enough gold to powerlevel another profession!
_________________
Eiv
Eltiana
Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:53 pm
Went directly from Tankatronic to Armored Titanium. Elt will have no other helm on her face other than goggles for as long as I can help it >.>
_________________
Dazhbog
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:32 pm
I replaced them at 3.0 and wore my bird hat (Battle-worn Tuskguard) for quite a while, picked up some quest reward for ~a level and then put on my armored Titanium goggles. They're pretty damn decent, but once Naxx coughs up a few of it's options I'll most likely replace them (and consider replacing engineering, although I keep convincing myself not to).
_________________
Kelarik
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:24 pm
I wore mine until I got the quest reward for finishing off the Argent Crusade place in Icecrown. Display Helm got turned on. It was a sad, sad day. Next day I had my new engi goggles and had to turn off Display Helm again.
_________________
The Path of Light was a simple choice when deciding which academy to join. With proper lighting you can get a good reflection from any body of water. An elf has to keep his hair in check, after all.
Consecrator
Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:42 am
plate helm from gundrak
_________________
When I was 8 years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Many years later I would find out that it wasnt a spider, it was my uncle harold.
anthony
Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:45 am
had the engy goggles til 73 then decided to powerlevel engineering for the new goggles, am level 74 with probably the highest hp any 74 has on my server...well that ive seen, 17.4k hp and 19.2k armor Very Happy
_________________
i come with my own background music, yes im that cool.
~