Skip to content
Maintankadin

Trinket/balance advice

Eleveneleven
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:01 am

Trinket/balance advice

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Eleveneleven

I have EoG that I swap for EH needs or trash.

What should I replace Commendation with? JC trinket (dropping mining for JC, not really netting any stam gain from gems thanks to the change to stam for mining in 3.0.eight) or def trinket from naxx and regem?

Also, should I be avoiding parry and just balance dodge and def stacking? How about the new shield enchant 40BV, at current gear levels is it a good idea or should I expect to be juggling def so much that I should just keep it on?

Thanks in advance.
Majiben
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:06 am
Dump the commendation already. Also if you're not netting a HP increase from dropping mining for JC you're doing it wrong. Three 41 stam gems is an increase in 51 stamina over 24 stam gems not to mention the increase from additional socket bonuses and the trinket.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus
Eleveneleven
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:12 am
We are getting 50 stamina from mining in the patch and I'm not really suffering from socket bonus issues in areas where the socket bonus really matters (the pants maybe, but I'm replacing them with t7 really soon). So are you saying that replacing the Commendation trinket with the JC trinket is better than replacing it with the def trinket from naxx and re-gemming/re-enchanting?

Also, do you think the Commendation is always worse than EoG? EoG's equip bonus is crap against raid bosses (until it's a fast hitter) and I'd rather have 300 dodge rating inc when I need it most (AD range). But I would gladly swap for JC if you think that's a better option than the heavy defense in trinket route.