Skip to content
Maintankadin

Shield enhancements next patch

zelah
Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:05 pm

Shield enhancements next patch

So currently I'm rolling with the +20 defense enchant. My question is simple, I have enough defense that it's not a big deal to lose 20 so do you think that the new


Plans: Titanium Plating - Permanently attach titanium plating to a shield, increasing block value by 40


is worth it, over the defense? It's the equivalent of 80 str (ignoring tps from ap), which seems pretty good.
_________________
moduspwnens
Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:07 pm
Don't forget to apply your modifiers. That'd be 40 x 1.3 for Redoubt, I think. I'm not sure what I'm using yet.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
HinataDestiny
Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:01 am
I think it personally has several factors in the decision.

1. Can you sac the def?
2. Are you getting hit often?
3. Do you have threat issues?

if you have

YES
NO
NO

I would its either or personally IMO +def is greater because it gives you the avoidance and threat really isnt an issue.
_________________
Hinata of Crit Happens - 80 - Arygos
Saeverud
Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:07 am
I think it's 1.3 for redoubt, and then another 1.3 for shield of the templar when deciding ShoR damage.

If you're def and block capped without, it's more useful. If you're def but not block capped, defense is more useful. And of course it's obvious def is more useful if you're neither.
_________________
Majiben
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:17 am
If you are thinking of getting +40 BV (52 BV after modifiers) for the mitigation properties you should already be using the +18 stamina enchant (220 HP after modifiers) because you would need to be fighting a boss that 5 hits to kill you for it to be better survival.

It's a threat enchant with some survival. Do not look to it to keep you alive.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus
fuzzygeek
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:20 am
I'm putting 40 bv on a 2nd shield for a soloing/trash set. I wouldn't use it for boss tanking.
_________________
towelliee
Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:17 am
Agreed not for boss tanking. But I like the enchant. That is basically like a piece of T7 gears worth of BV.
_________________
Eanin
Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:28 pm
Five hits isn't so crazy. I'm at 35k buffed, and stuff isn't usually hitting me for 7k. Also mitigation>stamina in the sense that, the less I get hit for, the less work it takes the healers to make it up.

Plus, ShoR boom crash!
_________________