Skip to content
Maintankadin

How am I doing so far?

Agamemnoch
Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:27 am

How am I doing so far?

I should have the badge neck by tomorrow, if I am lucky. I got the sword today and want to see about getting a better shield and helm soon. I am working on new boots, but blah, nothing wants to drop. I may end up with the Wyrmrest ones first

My armory is linked at the bottom
_________________

Armory Link Above
Agamemnoch
Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:35 am
Nobody has any feedback?
_________________

Armory Link Above
Ayngeal
Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:38 am
Armory's down ...
_________________
Agamemnoch
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:31 am
Working for me.

I'm more interested, right now, in figuring out which heroics would offer me the best upgrade that I can get, while grinding rep with Wyrmrest. I am 7K or less rep from the chest/boots.


That is why I have not enchanted either of them again, yet.

I have not had a big problem in heroics except CoT: Strat, as I have had bad groups.

Meathook hits for a ton and we went 7 attempts on him before I ended up killing him with a LoH, lock candy and potion, using every cooldown I had.
_________________

Armory Link Above
Ayngeal
Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:55 am
I'm surprised to hear you are having difficulties, especially in CoS. I'm geared pretty much the same as you, just a few items we have different, and I've never had a problem in CoS...but, like you said, must have been a bad group.

Anyways ... you can get some shoulder upgrades in H Gundrak.

ugh, as I type this, I accidentally closed the armory, now it is down for me again ... maybe just because I am at work, or maybe the Tuesday maintanance ... I'll try again later ...
_________________
skrith2
Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:18 am
For heroics you only need 535 Defense to be uncrit. You're sitting at 548 at the moment. Re-gem your DEF gems into STR, as it will raise your block and get your DPS/reduction up a little bit. (I'm re-gemming to avoidance now that the DPS I run with is better geared)

Also, re-gem your helm to the 21def +5% BC, and re-enchant your cloak to armor. 16def is overkill, You may want to buy a tattered castle drape off the AH and enchant armor on that, since 16d isn't a cheap enchant and you may need it later on.

We kind of have to carry DPS a little when first starting heroics, the things above should help out quite a bit. Don't worry about having 21-23k health when starting out as a pally tank. I had maybe 21900 when I started doing heroics, but it didn't matter.

Also, try and get an essence of gossamer as soon as you can. It makes a noticable difference.
_________________